Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 02/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 14th January the Finnish Museum of Games birthday stream
- 18th January the first Unreal Engine meetup of the year: visiting FIVR – Finnish Virtual Reality at the Helsinki XR Center,
- 18th January Gaming Legal Summit with Tampere Game Hub, Lexia & Platform6
- 23-24th January Pocket Gamer Connects London
- use the code PlayFinland20 for 20% off tickets.
- 3rd-5th February 2023 Finnish Game Jam 2023
- 13th February; Chris Zukowski: How To Market A Game on Steam. Event is organized by Living Game Intelligence Network
- 10th March Game Audio Awards.
- Submissions are now open by January 31st
- 18 – 21 April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
- 8th June Games First Helsinki. Click this link
- Fingersoft announces the newest addition to the Hill Climb Racing family, LEGO® Hill Climb Adventures!
- Finnish Game Jam 2023 (February 3-5, 2023) jammer registrations are open! If you have any questions about a specific site, please contact the email mentioned on each site’s own Eventbrite page. For more general questions about Finnish Game Jam or Global Game Jam, you can contact finnishgamejam (@) gmail.com
Submit your game to the Game Audio Awards by January 31st
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Hideyuki Shima, a composer from Japan, is very interested in working with Finnish game developers. Hideyuki will be in Finland from 12.1 to 20.1, so if you are interested in meeting, please feel free to contact by email (email@example.com) or PM. For more information, please see Hideyuki‘s profile at the link.
– Senior Unity Game Developer– Marketing ManagerLocation for example– Oulu– Jyväskylä– Helsinki soon..You can also send open applications.
- Fingersoft is looking to hire a C++ Developer with solid experience in Cocos2d-x in Hill Climb Racing 2 team
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Creative Europe: support programme for Europe’s cultural and creative sectors 2021-2027. Deadline for applications is on 1st March.
- Subsolar Entertainment‘s very first project, Avernus, is finally done and begins to steadily move towards its release!
- Kick Motion; you can plan now Crypto Mayhen here
- Taina Myöhänen‘s post as the president of We in Games Finland has come to an end. Taina’s farewell post; “Stop pitying us – We in Games exists since we want to change things. We are working for the change. And we are a bit tired of the public image of us as the victim.“
- Solip’s Comic released a new episode “6 months probation period”
- Bonus Stage Publishing is releasing Garden In by Italian Developer Dramatic Iceberg on Steam at January 26th
- Living Game Intelligence Network is looking for help and ask you to take part for survey about the turn-ons and turn-offs for game entrepreneurship. Whether you’re interested in becoming a founder or absolutely not, please take a moment to answer this survey.
- New update out now for Virtual Hunter Introducing our new animal, Red Fox!
- Apply to study game production and become a BBA in JAMK University of Applied Sciences / Business Information Technology (BIT) degree programme in business information technology. Application ends Jan. 18, 2023
- Solip’s Comic released a new episode “About alcohol and game events”
- Digi & Game Center has now its official Instagram site
- Solip’s Comic released a new episode “Game expats in South Korea”