Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 05/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 3rd-5th February 2023 Finnish Game Jam 2023
- jammer registrations are open!
- If you have any questions about a specific site, please contact the email mentioned on each site’s own Eventbrite page. For more general questions about Finnish Game Jam or Global Game Jam, you can contact finnishgamejam (@) gmail.com
- Try YAHAHA’s platform at jamming. Arcade5 calling jammers! Arcade5 calling jammers; hosting onsite & offline site FGJ YAHAHA as a part of GGJ
- Next Games will host a jam site for Global Game Jam! You are warmly welcome to come jam!
- IGDA Finland Rovaniemi Hub hosts Global Game Jam 2023 at Rovaniemi
- Hypehype invites Global Game Jammers to their office. The event’s main language is Finnish, thus the post is also in Finnish. English speakers are of course welcome both onsite and online, our live stream content is in English also.
- 9th February: Get Funded / Arcade 5 Helsinki & Online
- 13th February; Chris Zukowski: How To Market A Game on Steam. Event is organized by Living Game Intelligence Network
- 10th March Game Audio Awards. Deadline for submissions is February 5th.
- 20th-21st March Game Connection America. Neogames has negotiated an offer with Super Early Bird prolongation to its members to Game Connection America during GDC week in March. EXHIBITOR PACKAGE registration before 6.2.2023
- 20th-24th March Game Developer Conference / San Francisco
- 18 – 21 April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
- 8th June Games First Helsinki. Click this link
See also The Game Industry Events calendar Game Conference Guide Calendar Flemish Game association calendar & Game Industry Biz
Neogames Finland is updating the lists of games released globally in 2022. Based on game list Finnish Game Awards nominees are voted. Deadline for game list updates is 15.2So please check that your (Commercial digital) games are listed and details are right, and if not, please let reach me out by email; suviATneogamesFi. Only games reaching the global release for the first time should be listed. This time also games in Steam Greenlight are accepted.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- SciPlay’s studio in Finland is hiring Game Programmer / Software Engineer! They are looking for someone with experience in Unity and C#.Location either Oulu or Helsinki Metropolitan Area.
- Is your studio hiring and/or looking for good visibility among #gamedev talent this spring? Games Job Fair Spring 2023 is the Online & Onsite in Helsinki games industry event for you!
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Creative Europe: support programme for Europe’s cultural and creative sectors 2021-2027. Deadline for applications is on 1st March.
- Patrick Milvi released Mopeful Games’ Fashion Police Squad is out now on Xbox, Playstation and Switch!
- Bonus Stage Publishing released Garden In! A cozy, and relaxing gardening game by Italian games studio Dramatic Iceberg. The game is available on Steam, Epic Store, and GOG. Other stores and consoles will follow.
- Call for speakers in W Love Games event 12th-13th October 2023
- Solip’s Comic; new episode expat story about Finland’s’ digital ID system!
- Merge Gardens official Trailer:
- Capy Inc., a Japanese startup offers hassle-free Captcha solution used by for example Visa, Japan Railways, Nestle and MUJI in Japan – as well as gaming companies around the world.
Capy is looking to discuss with Finnish and Nordic gaming companies for whom CAPTCHA solutions might be useful. You can DM Leena Eerolainen for further details and here more details
- Apply now Living Game Intelligence Network incubation track
- Theme Park. A digital art event uploaded second video aboutMental Health Panelt o the youtube channel
Janne Pirinen is representing Vorto. Vorto.gg is an all-in-one platform for your Web3 and blockchain-enabled games. They are launching a major fund to offer a possibility to create your next hot title with their help and open a whole new level of opportunities in the Web3 scene. You can reach out Janne by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the messenger.