Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 08/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 8th March Unreal Meetup with ZOAN
- 10th March Game Audio Awards. Deadline for submissions is February 5th.
- 20th-21st March Game Connection America. Neogames has negotiated an offer with Super Early Bird prolongation to its members to Game Connection America during GDC week in March. EXHIBITOR PACKAGE registration before 6.2.2023
- 23th March LGIN with Greg Pellechi: Narrative Design & Production Workshop 1 / online
- 20th-24th March Game Developer Conference / San Francisco
- 18th – 21th April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
- 26th – 28th April Games Job Fair Online & Onsite in Helsinki
- 23rd – 26th May Nordic Game Conference in Malmö and online
- 8th June Games First Helsinki. Click this link
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Is your studio hiring and/or looking for good visibility among #gamedev talent this spring? Games Job Fair April 26-28 2023 is the Online & Onsite in Helsinki games industry event for you!
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo program application period started 15.2. and deadline for applications is 11.4. at 4pm. English digidemo info website to be updated later
- Creative Europe: support programme for Europe’s cultural and creative sectors 2021-2027. Deadline for applications is on 1st March.
- Bonus Stage Publishing has published Mythargia by RunByCoffee, a Finnish game dev studio based in Kotka.
- Platonic Partnership has their new game Bone Dust on Steam Early Access. The game is made with co-operation with Toko Midori Games. All the feedback is more than welcome to this game on its early stages.
- Horsefly Games’ first game will be released on Nintendo Switch on May – check more information and a possibility to wishlist here.
- Petri “Ataverti” Fridell has Led it Rain on Steam and has also VR version of the game for free.
- Solip’s Comic, last story for season 3, wraps up the whole season. More comics coming later this year.
- BBC story How Helsinki became the mobile gaming capital of the world
- Millenials spend more time gaming than Gen Z, says ExpressVPN. Read more of their survey findings here.
- Finnish parliamentary elections are approaching, and Neogames Finland shares the key points of the Finnish Game Industry policy targets on its social media channels. Feel free to join the discussion and share the posts.
- Finnish eSports documentary The Gamer will have its world premiere in the Nordic:Dox section of CPH:Dox festival.