Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 52/2020 & 1/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 25th January Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Founding a Game Company (in Finland), Again” (online)
- 26th January GamesBeat: Driving Game Growth & Into the Metaverse: Industry leaders online for two days of gaming content surrounding game growth after IDFA and the latest on the metaverse
- 29th January GDWC Talks on twitch
- 15th February Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Building Sustainable Gaming Cultures” (online)
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar
EGDF in co-operation with Slovak Game Developers Association has build gameconfguide.com for complete list of games industry events and conferences and their status.
- Rovio names Alexandre Pelletier-Normand as its new CEO
- Peliosuuskunta Expa the IGDA Finland Jyväskylä Hub turned 8 years old during 12th of Dec 2020.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Looking for job:
Sini Häyrinen, a Game Designer from Tampere, with almost 10 years of experience. My T-shaped knowledge includes designing, coding, graphics, UX, teaching, leading and entrepreneurship.
Anne is looking for internship as a producer (event managing, marketing etc.)
- Grandia is looking for teacher in game programming (position in Finnish)
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Veera Rouvinen is asking what’s the best place to connect with game students looking for trainee ship positions?
- Tuomas Roininen is asking if anyone has heard anything about this Unity + Huawei thing after, what games got into program etc? Unity Distribution Portal + Huawei; Unity & AppGallery holiday bonus? and if anyone has submitted game and have idea how the selection goes.
- Interview with MiTale’s Project Manager and 3D Artist Oskari Tamminen on Virtual Reality
- Kayo Games shares MCAS Simulation
- Sixteen years old Finnish teenagers have developed game on Steam (article only in Finnish)
- Digi & Game Center picture book 2020 released
- Solicitude Wake-up demo version available for free
- Game Makers of Finland is mapping the salary level of game industry in Finland. Help out by answering to this shortish survey!