Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 10/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March Game Audio Awards.
- 20th-21st March Game Connection America. Neogames has negotiated an offer with Super Early Bird prolongation to its members to Game Connection America during GDC week in March. EXHIBITOR PACKAGE registration before 6.2.2023
- 20th-24th March Game Developer Conference / San Francisco
- 23th March LGIN with Greg Pellechi: Narrative Design & Production Workshop 1 / online
- 18th – 21th April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
- 26th – 28th April Games Job Fair Online & Onsite in Helsinki
- 23rd – 26th May Nordic Game Conference in Malmö and online
- 8th June Games First Helsinki. Click this link
- Colossal Order revealed their new game; Cities: Skylines 2 that will be launched later this year On PC, Xbox Series X/S, and PS5.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Is your studio hiring and/or looking for good visibility among #gamedev talent this spring? Games Job Fair April 26-28 2023 is the Online & Onsite in Helsinki games industry event for you!
Registration: https://apply.gamesjobfair.comEvent Details: https://gamesjobfair.com/
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo program application period started 15.2. and deadline for applications is 11.4. at 4pm. English digidemo info website to be updated later
- Business Finland supports creative industries – Makea Games got support for the development of their new game. (Article in Finnish)
- See the list of Finnish Game Devs in GDC/GC San Francisco here. Please inform Neogames, if your company is missing from the list
- Neogames Finland ry. released their two policy post this week:
- First post emphasizes the dire shortage of talent in Finnish gaming companies. Our first post focuses on international talent acquisition.According to Neogames’ survey, the industry needs at least 500 new employees in the coming year. The biggest shortage is of experienced professionals who represent the international top of the field, who can boost competitiveness and domestic know-how.
- Second concentrates on domestic solutions to talent shortage issues in different levels of local education. The stages and needs of the roadmap are elaborated in Neogames Finland’s policy goals.
- Saima Ritonummi is doing dissertation research at the University of Jyväskylä on the stress and flow experienced by people working in the game industry in Finland, and they are looking for interviewees for the study. If you are interested, you can dm Saima for further information and to schedule an interview
- Kick Motion has released new 3D asset for Clay Hunt VR