Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 11/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 20th-21st March Game Connection America.
- 20th-24th March Game Developer Conference / San Francisco
- 23th March LGIN with Greg Pellechi: Narrative Design & Production Workshop 1 / online
- 30th March DGC Recruitment Event
- 18th – 21th April 2023 GamiFIN Conference.
- 26th – 28th April Games Job Fair Online & Onsite in Helsinki
- 23rd – 26th May Nordic Game Conference in Malmö and online
- 8th June Games First Helsinki. Click this link
See also The Game Industry Events calendar Game Conference Guide Calendar Flemish Game association calendar & Game Industry Biz
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Supercell is looking for Office & Facility Summer Trainee.
- Is your studio hiring and/or looking for good visibility among #gamedev talent this spring? Games Job Fair April 26-28 2023 is the Online & Onsite in Helsinki games industry event for you!
Registration: https://apply.gamesjobfair.comEvent Details: https://gamesjobfair.com/
- Digi&Game Center in Jyväskylä organises a recruitment/intership event for Jamk University of Applied Sciences studets on March 30th.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo program application period started 15.2. and deadline for applications is 11.4. at 4pm. English digidemo info website to be updated later
- Pedro Pascal joins Merge Mansion – as a detective in Metacore’s new ad campaign.
- Tony Kihlberg posted art Hologram Monster has outsourced for other companies.
- See the list of Finnish Game Devs in GDC/GC San Francisco here. Please inform Neogames, if your company is missing from the list
- Neogames Finland ry. released their one policy post this week:
- The post emphasizes the need to have access to the world’s best and most comprehensie support services for running a business. The continuity of DigiDemo must be secured. On regulation side, the smooth operation and development of the EU’s digital internal market guarantees the competitiveness of the entire European industry, including Finnish operators.
- Creative Finland organises Shine!-event in Helsinki on 26th of April. Read more in Finnish here.