Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 11/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March – and continue all the way to the end of May. Quantum Games 2021 goes Twitch – public lectures open for everyone! Register here
- 15-19th March GDC showcase is going all virtual this year.
- 25th-26th March Be BIG, the first transnational game industry event organized by the Baltic Explorers
- 25th March XR Nation: AWE Nite Northern XR: Spotlight on Sweden
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19-20th April PGC Digital #6
- 21-22nd April Finland Games Job Fair
- 6-7th April Global Games Pitch ’21 – PC and Console
- 8th April Game Art Webinar – The Concept Art Behind The Last of Us 2
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 26-28 May Nordic Game Conference
- You’ll get a free ticket for a friend/colleague if you register before 31 March!
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Success in Pocket Gamer Awards 2021!
- XR Nation celebrates its first birthday by adding 10 new members!
- Digi & Game Center is excited to announce new partnership with Fingersoft
- Steam officially launched in China
Open jobs & Recruitment:
Kopla Games is looking for an adventurous 2D artist to join their team
- Redhill Games is looking for an office guru
- Business Finland has announced new Fast Track Campaign for recruiting foreign talent to Finland. They promise multiple services plus fast procedure with immigrant permission. Apply by 1st April
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- If you have plans to apply for the Digidemo grant, please note that there is just one deadline this year, 30.3.2021. The Autumn round is canceled 😔 (Article in Finnish only)
FULL ADHD – Täyttä elämää awareness game has been released by Psyon Games
- Take part in the Fast Track recruitment campaign where MIGRI will process the work permit(s) of the expert(s) you have found within two weeks time. (Article about this in Finnish)
- Riveria: Pelidevaaja-education allows game development (article in Finnish)
- Olli Sotamaa released an article about game development cultures, focusing especially on Finnish game makers and the everyday working cultures.
Juho Kuorikoski has released infobook (Pelien Suomi) rearding to FinnishGame Industry. Book only in Finnish
- Troubles with Unity 3D in M1 Macbook
- Google Play drops commissions to 15% from 30%, following Apple’s move last year
- PR agency Visionist has created the world’s first entertainment-focused esports tournament concept aimed at an adult audience. The Battle of Boomers tournament concept offers esports legends the opportunity to extend their otherwise notably short gaming careers in a meaningful way. The concept’s tournaments are more relaxed play, yet they still have significant prize pools.
- Game students! Apply to Bit1 game competition! Application period is between 8.2.-12.4.2021
- Memories from the First Finnish Game company, Bloodhouse