Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 12/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 30th March DGC Recruitment Event
- 18th – 21th April 2023 GamiFIN Conference.
- 26th – 28th April Games Job Fair Online & Onsite in Helsinki
- 23rd – 26th May Nordic Game Conference in Malmö and online
- 27th May IGDA Finland celebrates its 20th birthday
- 8th June Games First Helsinki. Click this link
- China released a new batch of foreign game publishing approvals – including Metacore’s Merge Mansion with Tencent. MyGamez’s streak of approvals also continued.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Lightheart Entertainment is looking for a part-time Player Support Person.
- Is your studio hiring and/or looking for good visibility among #gamedev talent this spring? Games Job Fair April 26-28 2023 is the Online & Onsite in Helsinki games industry event for you!
Registration: https://apply.gamesjobfair.comEvent Details: https://gamesjobfair.com/
- Digi&Game Center in Jyväskylä organises a recruitment/intership event for Jamk University of Applied Sciences studets on March 30th.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo program application period started 15.2. and deadline for applications is 11.4. at 4pm. English digidemo info website to be updated later
- Expa Game Business Co-operative published The Central Finland Games & Industry Report and Index 2022.
- We in Games has launched a survey in collaboration with Better Games Together and Helsinki Pride – survey is open until April 16th.
- 1939 Games launched a new user interface to Kards, which is a World War II themed card game.
- Game Virtual Hunter got a massive OpenXR update.
- Vitali Kirpu gave us a sneak peak for the game on progress – IAH: I AM HACKER.
- Neogames Finland ry. released their one policy post this week:
- The focus on this post was on communities, their role in the local industry and securing their public support. The Finnish game industry has a strong sense of community, and supporting communities and networks has significant impact on domestic success stories.
- On this week we also celebrated International Forest Day. Neogames Finland reminded about the Pelimetsä project, which was launched on 2020 to preserve old Finnish forests. The project is still on-going.