Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 12/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March – and continue all the way to the end of May. Quantum Games 2021 goes Twitch – public lectures open for everyone! Register here
- 25th-26th March Be BIG, the first transnational game industry event organized by the Baltic Explorers
- 25th March XR Nation: AWE Nite Northern XR: Spotlight on Sweden
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- 31st March AWE Nite Northern XR: Spotlight on Sweden
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 15th April WiG Panel: How to start and quit a business – and cope with hard times
- 19-20th April PGC Digital #6
- 21-22nd April Finland Games Job Fair
- 6-7th April Global Games Pitch ’21 – PC and Console
- 8th April Game Art Webinar – The Concept Art Behind The Last of Us 2
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 26-28 May Nordic Game Conference
- You’ll get a free ticket for a friend/colleague if you register before 31 March!
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Housemarque’s Returnal has gone GOLD and will be out on April 30, only on the PS5.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
Playsome has several open positions:
Marketing & Video Artist
Live Product Manager
- Next Games has 7 new open positions
- Business Finland has announced new Fast Track Campaign for recruiting foreign talent to Finland. They promise multiple services plus fast procedure with immigrant permission. Apply by 1st April
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- If you have plans to apply for the Digidemo grant, please note that there is just one deadline this year, 30.3.2021. The Autumn round is canceled 😔 (Article in Finnish only)
- Sipila Consulting asks If you are looking for a marketing or partnerships strategy or ways to distribute your game in the UK market this program is for you. Application period for Imperial College Business School programs is now open. Be free to send a message firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- XR Nation shares their latest presentation
- Arttu Haglund asks if anyone wants to participate in the creation of the next epic RETRO PNC adventure game
Neogames are interested in your needs regarding to publisher cooperation. So we have couple of questions for Finnish (CONSOLE/PC) developers;
Please comment in this thread, or email me suviATneogames.fiIf your answer is no to all questions, you can skip this inquiry. If you have already replied to me earlier lately, you don’t need to re-reply.
Are you looking for publisher cooperation during the following 6 months?
Are you interested in Japan market in PC/Console platforms?
Are you looking for a partner/publisher for that?