Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 13/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March – and continue all the way to the end of May. Quantum Games 2021 goes Twitch – public lectures open for everyone! Register here
- 15th April WiG Panel: How to start and quit a business – and cope with hard times
- 19-20th April PGC Digital #6
- 21-22nd April Finland Games Job Fair
- 6-7th April Global Games Pitch ’21 – PC and Console
- 8th April Game Art Webinar – The Concept Art Behind The Last of Us 2
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 26-28 May Nordic Game Conference
- You’ll get a free ticket for a friend/colleague if you register before 31 March!
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- A mental health related project is looking for a game designer / builder for an international collaborative project: Application period ends April 19th.
- Business Finland has announced new Fast Track Campaign for recruiting foreign talent to Finland. They promise multiple services plus fast procedure with immigrant permission. Apply by 1st April
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Platonic Partnership announced their new game called Leväluhta!
- Words from the Mayor of the City of Jyväskylä, Timo Koivisto – DGC, 1 year old!