Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 14/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 13th April Tampere Unreal Engine Meetup with Dreamloop
- 20-22nd April Bit1: Prebits:
- Tampere 20th of April
- Helsinki 21st of April
- Turku 22nd of April
- 26th April in LA and 27-28th April online GamesBeat Summit. Check ticket code here.
- 27-29th April Games Job Fair
- 11th May concert by Game Music Collective
- 17th May Bit1 Final
- The Bit1 team has extended registration time. Submit your entries www.bit1.fi before 10.4. to partake in the Bit1 competition
- 17-20th May Nordic Game Conference
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 26th IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- Returnal by Housemarque won Best Game, Audio Achievement and Music categories at BAFTA Game Awards 2022. Best performer in a leading role award went to Jane Perry from her performance at Returnal.
- Pelimetsä becomes part of GamesForest.club
- Aalto Digital Creatives Art & Tech release development funding from EUR 5 000 to 20 000 per project.
- This year marks the 10th anniversary of Fingersoft and Hill Climb Racing! Congratulations!
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Wondershop is looking for a data-minded product analyst to join their team.
- JAMK organises trainings “Pelaten duuniin” in Finnish. Application period starts 26th of April.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Aalto Digital Creatives Art & Tech Open Call 2022 seeks audiovisual, design, gaming and other cutting-edge projects utilizing digitalization to fuel the creative industries. The winning applications receive development funding EUR 5 000 to 20 000 per project.
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations here
- Nuutti Heinäsmäki has online questionnaire about retrospective methods to collect supplementary data to thesis work. Answering this short questionnaire would be a big help for thesis work.
- Games Now! online jam “Neighbours Game Jam” streamed the review talk show.
Want to get funded or learn more about the game industries in the Nordics and Israel? Register for Sun&Ice: Introducing Israeli-Nordic Gaming event bringing together companies, investors and ecosystems from both Israel and the Nordics!For investor related inquiries and meetings, please contact email@example.com before the event.
- Second season of Pelurit available at Yle Areena.