Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 14&15/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 14th – 24th April Esports Game Jam online
- 18th April Unreal Meetup with Varjo
- 18th – 21th April 2023 GamiFIN Conference.
- 20th April LuoTo-työpaja – rakennetaan yhdessä peliteollisuuden ekologista siirtymää
- 22th April Game Development World Championship at Tallin
- 26th April Olli Sinerma: Business Finland Funding for Games / online
- 26th – 28th April Games Job Fair Online & Onsite in Helsinki
- 4th May Finnish Game Awards (tickets on sale between now and April 19th 23.30)
- 9th May Game Amos poikkitaiteellinen online-tapahtuma
- 23rd – 26th May Nordic Game Conference in Malmö and online
- 27th May IGDA Finland celebrates its 20th birthday
- 8th June Games First Helsinki. Click this link
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- UI designers! Musopia are searching for a mobile UI designer in Helsinki. Game company experience considered a plus.
- SciPlay’s studio in Finland is looking for a Senior Game Designer. Location either Helsinki Metropolitan Area or Oulu, Finland.
- Studio Piñata is looking for a concept artist and illustrator, come join our team!
- Is your studio hiring and/or looking for good visibility among #gamedev talent this spring? Games Job Fair April 26-28 2023 is the Online & Onsite in Helsinki games industry event for you!
Registration: https://apply.gamesjobfair.comEvent Details: https://gamesjobfair.com/
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
Finnish studio is developing game about the Russian invasion of Ukraine:“In Death From Above, you are a lone Ukrainian military drone operator battling Russian occupation forces. Hidden behind enemy lines, you command a ‘super drone’ to seek and destroy tanks, take back communication towers, recover stolen goods, and fight for a better tomorrow. Slava Ukraini!” (Read more in Finnish)
- Digidemo program deadline for applications is 11.4. at 4pm.
- Kamk’s brand new MBA degree Master of Game Business application period open until 17.4.2023!
- Bit1 competition 2023 is on! Bit1 gathers student game devs together to showcase their games. The competition’s jury is made out of industry professionals and they will be judging and giving feedback to competing games. Sign up is open until 21.4.!
- The We in Games x Better Games Together survey is still running until April 16th.
- China increases the amount of license approvals also for foreign games
- W Love Games is announcing art competition 2023. Submissions until 1st June
- Company introduction about Empires Not Vampires (in Finnish).
- Book about Finnish mobile games (in Finnish), written by Juho Kuorikoski is going to be released on May
- Bonus Stage Publishing has signed a publishing agreement for a new game; The Riflemen, developed by the Finnish studio Normogames
- The Gamesbeat Summit returns to LA at the end of May! If any of you are heading stateside for it, use GBS40ADVJZSU to get 40% off your ticket and join an awesome lineup of folks
- Bonus Stage, the renowned indie label, has just announced their brand new Twitch channel, TheBonusStageShow and it promises to be a game-changer for gamers and gaming enthusiasts alike.