Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 15/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March – and continue all the way to the end of May. Quantum Games 2021 goes Twitch – public lectures open for everyone! Register here
- 16th April Virtual game jam: 5G FOR GAMES
- 16th April GDWC TALKS 2
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 19-23rd April PGC Digital #6
- Special discount for PlayFinland members
- 21-22nd April Finland Games Job Fair
- 21-23April The NOW – Nordic Oscar Weekend
- 22th April AWE Nite Northern XR: Limelight on Lithuania
- 28th of April Game Amos. Seminar, where game art meets other art forms.
- 28 – 29 April GamesBeat Summit returns
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 26-28 May Nordic Game Conference
- You’ll get a free ticket for a friend/colleague if you register before 31 March!
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- SUBMIT A TALK there is still time to send your proposals for a talk / panel / workshop, as this year it will be two-days event with multiple tracks
- SUBMIT A WORKSKOP
The recorded sessions from W Games 2020 are now available on website
See also The Game Industry Events calendar Game Conference Guide Calendar Flemish Game association calendar
- Finnish Game developers are nominees in Nordic Game Awards
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Next Games is expanding their portfolio and looking for:
- Oleg Paliy reminds Finnish Game Developers about recruitment potential; If your studio is planning to grow, GameDev Talents – find your place in the Games industry is a place to meet, interview and hire talented game developers from Finland and across the globe. Have a look who’s already joined and reach out for details!
⭐ Senior Game Server Developer⭐ Senior Backend Developer⭐ Junior Anti Cheat Developer
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Bike Baron 2, a collaboration between Cornfox & Brothers Ltd, Mountain Sheep, and Mureena is available for pre-order on App Store NOW –> https://apple.co/3sn8KSc