Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 16/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March – and continue all the way to the end of May. Quantum Games 2021 goes Twitch – public lectures open for everyone! Register here
- 21-23April The NOW – Nordic Oscar Weekend
- 27th April IGDA Game Art SIG Feedback Night
- 28th of April Game Amos. Seminar, where game art meets other art forms.
- 28 – 29 April GamesBeat Summit returns
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 5-6th of May Game Mixer Days
- 14-16th May Meep Up! Con – virtual board game convention
- 26-28 May Nordic Game Conference
- You’ll get a free ticket for a friend/colleague if you register before 31 March!
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Noita is one of the Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game finalists @24th Annual DICE Awards!
- Lightheart Entertainment closed a $6.8M (5.6M€) Series A Round led by Makers Fund, with participation from existing investors Galaxy Interactive, Sisu Game Ventures, and additional angel investors.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
Gamecan have several open positions (also for remote work)
Industrial design concept art
Environment design concept art
3D modeling (Intermediate level)
Please send RELEVANT work and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MiTale team is growing and we are looking for more talent:
Software Developer (trainee and junior positions also available)
B2B Sales and Client Support
- Quicksave is looking for new talent:
SENIOR DEVOPS & TOOLS PROGRAMMERHEAD OF STUDIOSENIOR GAME PROGRAMMERGAME ART GENERALISTQA LEAD & BUILD MANAGERGAME DATA DESIGNER
- Veikkaus is looking for Senior Developer for Game Development Tech and Support & Senior Developer to their Design Studio.
- Looking for a talent interested to work in the Finnish Game Industry? This week there were the biggest #GamesJobFair so far with almost 1900 attendees from across the globe. If looking for talented games industry professionals, check their anonymous attendee list with specialities, skills and seniority .
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Fingersoft CFO Markus Vahtola’s tips to build enduring success throughout the company as a CFO
- Karim Ourdedine is asking for help; take this quick survey on Competitive Intelligence in the Finnish Video Gaming Industry
Live now: Next Generation of Interactive Streaming
Christopher Hamilton, Director of Developer Relations at Genvid Technologies (Genvid Technologies Inc.); Robin Squire, CEO (Black Block)
- Kotaku describes what kind of impression they got from Housemarque‘s Returnal (to be launched on April 30th).