Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 18/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March – and continue all the way to the end of May. Quantum Games 2021 goes Twitch – public lectures open for everyone! Register here
- 10th -14 May Beyond Games Zsuzsa James is hosting a panel about ‘Where Will Interactive Entertainment be in 20 Years Time?’ and offers a 30% discount ticket to boot.
- 12th May from 14.00 to 18.00. Finnish Games Industry After Work
- 14-16th May Meep Up! Con – virtual board game convention
- 19th of May Recruitment event organized by Digi & Game Center in cooperation with Business Jyväskylä
- 20-21 May Get funded Neogames Finland association organises two info sessions about funding instruments for Finnish game developers.
- 26-28 May Nordic Game Conference
- You’ll get a free ticket for a friend/colleague if you register before 31 March!
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Metacore has agreed a $180 million (€150 million) credit line with its main investor Supercell. (HS article in Finnish)
- Psyon Games, WHO and Finnish ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs are asking you to join to fight against Covid 19 and organising event on Monday 10th May concerning on vaccination of Covid 19.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Working at Remedy (Remote Edition)
- Kavi is looking for a new artist to create a poster for the 11th Finnish Game Week! If you are interested, send an email at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lightneer is looking for a Game Programmer to join our hyper team in Helsinki!
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Fingersoft rolls out multiplayer karting game. Boom Karts: a fast-paced online multiplayer PVP karting game. The game was developed in partnership with another Finnish game studio, Zaibatsu Interactive. Article in Finnish here
🔔Neogames is Reminding:
- Sony announces investment and partnership with Discord to bring the chat app to PlayStation
- Local Art Outsource partner Hologram Monster here hello!
We added some fresh stuff to our portfolio and are again on the lookout for new assignments! Let’s chat! You can reach me at tony(at)hologram-monster.com or by DM here.
- The PX Hub Bolg: Why a Community and Retention Strategy matters Post-IDFA
- Mindhaven Games released Sky Beneath demo:
- Juhamatti Rissa created a virtual reality platform for municipal election
- Regulation is tightening again at China market.
- Nice new video about Pelimetsä, protection of old Finnish forests and their vulnerable biodiversity
- Good advises for startups in EGD episode; Susana Meza Graham
Solip’s Comic new episode about the Finnish (winter) weather right after Vappu weekend