Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 20/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 10th March – and continue all the way to the end of May. Quantum Games 2021 goes Twitch – public lectures open for everyone! Register here
- 26-28 May Nordic Game Conference
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Matchmade is looking for Sales Development Representative to join them.
- Veikkaus is looking for a Lead Developer and Veikkaus Business Unit International is looking for a Game Development Manager to lead two teams: a squad of game front-end developers and a team of graphic artists and designers.
- Housemarque is looking for Player Support Specialists (1-2 fixed-term positions) to help them managing communication and information flow between passionate player community and dev team.
- Next Games have several open positions
- GamePro by Saranen is looking for companies to a recruitment round starting in late August/early September! For more information, contact Arja Martikainen or Tommi Ohtonen or buy online.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Jani Kahrama gives a handy tip in case you’ve been as daft as him so far:
For any in-house tools you have in Unity/Unreal/Better, include a button in the tool UI that links directly to your Wiki/Notion/Whatever documentation page. Instant gratification.
- Games Now is asking feedback with survey.
- Atari Legend just released a documentary detailing the 30-year history of Utopos.
- The second Nine to Five Beta Weekend started on Thursday, May 20th.
- Solip’s Comic new episode: “Game Expats Story”
- Video Games as a form of super-art. TV-program in Finnish National TV on Thu. Program only in Finnish.
- Assembly Computer Festival recently launched a new open call together with Opera Beyond, a concept competition that could possibly be of interest to the Finnish game industry as well!
- Hologram Monster is constantly publishing stuff, this time AAA-quality 3D asset pack on Unreal Marketplace.
- Article in Finnish about the development of Returnal in Housemarque