Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 23/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 14 th June Engine meetup with Hive Helsinki
- 27-29th June Metaverse Hackathon / Pori
- Registeration deadline 14th June
- 23-27th August Gamescom / Cologne
- 12-13th September PG Connects Helsinki
- 14-15th September Game On! Hack-a-job in Tampere
- 12th-13th October W Love Games free tickets available.
- 2-3rd November Game Connection Europe
- 3oth Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
- Prime Video and Amazon Kids+ Set to Release Angry Birds Mystery Island Animated Series From Rovio Entertainment Corporation
- Neogames Finland ry.‘s full report of The Finnish Game Industry, including profiles of over 60 Finnish game companies, is now available online at the updated website www.playfinland.fi
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- DigiDemo funding has opened and the grant is up for grabs during 15th of May through 11th of Sep. See instructions here.
- “Chinese games companies accounted for 47% of the mobile games revenue worldwide and 39% of the PC games revenue, a new report from Niko Partners showed.” + “The report stated that China continues to be the biggest games market worldwide, with 31.7% of global mobile games revenue and 33.4% of global PC games revenue generated in the country.”
- Games education at Kajaanin kaupunki – City of Kajaani has got international acknowledgement due to their virtual escape room.
- Nitro Games is proud to announce their new game launch – Autogun Heroes
- Dreamloop realeased the Steam demo for their upcoming game, Inescapable: No Rules, No Rescue!
- The new Game Business Cooperative EXPA JKL board has assembled has re-elected Valtteri Lahti / Wanda O Rly as the chairperson