Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 27&28/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 17th July Info Session: Scaling Hong Kong to Nordics – A Market Opportunity for Creative Digital Entertainment & Games By Finnish Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 23rd-24th July JAMBIKE – JKL PitStop – DGC / online. Please do pre registration here latest 16th of July 2021 https://forms.gle/8eivQzd8YBdNdFUt6
- 31st July KOR-FIN Esports Festival 2021 한-핀 e스포츠 페스티벌
- 10th September BSGI – Mentor Workshop (part of Baltic Sea Game Incubation program!)
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Koukoi Games has been acquired by SciPlay!
- Neogames Finland has released policy paper for local decision makers (in Finnish only)
- Tencent acquired (in May) 3.8% stake in Remedy
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- GamePro by Saranen is looking for companies to a recruitment round starting in late August/early September! For more information, contact Arja Martikainen or Tommi Ohtonen or buy online.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Play Finland FB group Admin Note: Facebook has changed its settings for public groups like Play Finland 11.6.2021. According to new settings, it is now by default possible to react, post and comment on Play Finland as a visitor without being a member. In addition to this new members don´t require admin approval any more. Since these policies seem to attract trolls and spammers, we have been forced to change our operating procedures and group settings a bit.
From this point on, all the first posts and comments require admin approval regardless if you are a member or not. However after first post / comment has been approved by admins, admins can grant member authorization to publish new posts and comments without admin approval.All this may slow down posting and commenting a bit especially during summer when admins are having their holidays. We are sorry about any inconvenience / delays, but in order to keep discussion in Play Finland troll and spam free and constructive as it has been so far (thanks to you our members), we consider this kind of change in rules of engagement was necessary.
Though we can filter posts and comments, it seems that there is nothing we can do for reactions by visitors. Please keep in mind that in this new situation reactions don´t necessarily reflect opinions of the group.
- IGDA Game Art SIG is looking exciting panelists to join concept art round table at GDC on Wed, July 21st, 8.30am PT. Please contact Natasha Skult or Chris Solarski for more information.
- Random Potion launched the Kickstarter for “Ignis Universia: Awakening of the Erudite Empress”
- SICK! Festival is looking for young people, ages 16 to 25, who identify as male and live in Finland, and who have either personally struggled with their mental health or have supported someone else who has struggled with theirs. The game that we will be creating will reflect on the mental health experiences of the group.
- Vainary is a small independent game studio from Finland. They teamed up for Global Game Jam, at the GGJ Turku site.
- Check out the 15 amazing games our talented and brave jammers at Pride Game Jam HKI 2021 made.
- Housemarque tells story behind the Sony deal. (Article in Finnish only)