Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 3/2022from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 28-30 Jan 2022 Global Game Jam Now its the time to apply own site. In Person, Online-only, and Hybrid sites too are accepted this year, so there will be something for everyone!
- 3rd – 7th Feb 2022 Special Hyper Casual Game Jam! The Game of Thrones Jam with CrazyLabs, Carry1st and Digi & Game Center
- 14-15th Feb. Pocket Gamer Connects London 2022 [LIVE!]
- 21st – 25th Mar 2022 GDC 2022 / San Francisco
- 27-29th April Games Job Fair
- 24th – 28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- Supremacy Games announces Apex Kings NFT Racing. Real cars, real brands, real value
- Yahaha Studios, an Espoo, Finland-based startup with R&D based in Shanghai, raises $50million!
- Sulake announced the completion of the first stage in evolving the Habbo metaverse by bringing it to Web 3.0, with owners of NFTs from the Habbo Avatars collection being able to play in-game with their NFT Avatar as their own unique character.
- Microsoft to acquires Activision Blizzard. (Not really about Finnish Game Industry, but remarkable news from game industry)
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.comTake a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Apple to allow third-party app payment options in South Korea and Google Play to support alternative billing systems in South Korea and Nertherlands
- Kiemura has a new brand and new website. They are open for WFH Unity and Web projects