Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 31&32/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- Huuuge Games acquires Double Star
- Congratulations to Stella Wang getting on Top Female Founders list.
- 4-6thAugust GDC Organizers Plan New 3-Day GDC Summer Event For August
- 25-29 August; Gamescom / Cologne. Gamescom will under no circumstances take place on site in Cologne this year. Digital event will be organized. => Devcom
- Neogames is considering having virtual Play Finland expo booth in devcom digital 17.- 30.8.and at the moment we are looking for potential companies to join us as virtual exhibitors The price of virtual exhibitor company package is roughly €1000. If you want to have more info, please mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 29-30th September Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki (ONLINE)
- The discount code is: PlayFinland20
- 10th October Games Job Fair online
- 15th October Reboot Develop Blue / Croatia
- 16 October W Love Games conference / Helsinki
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
- 24th October Games Job Fair Online
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
EGDF in co-operation with European country organizations has collected a list of online (and postponed) events.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Looking for a job: Licia Prehn (a producer, accessibility specialist, marketer, or player support person)
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Pocket hunt has launched their recruiting app for games people in Finland, Sweden, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, Bangalore and Singapore.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
Discussion & Recommendations;
- Laura Sivonen asking advises for game development and funding.
- Lauri Ikkala asks people to participate his survey for Evaluating Potential Use of Game Marketing & Dev Management Tool
- Claudio Lins is looking for office furniture for a friends new company. If anyone is selling or know someone who is selling/getting rid of.
Neogames is Reminding;
- “Apple has confirmed that it will require game developers to have a valid ISBN (publishing license number) by June 30, 2020 for all paid games or games that have in-app purchases (IAP) so they can be legally distributed via the China App Store. Games that do not register an ISBN with Apple before this date will be unable to launch or continue existing operations on the China App Store.”
- Singular Webinar: iOS 14 & IDFA changes: What you need to know
- Finnish Amiga Game; Smarty And The Nasty Gluttons was released after 28 years of development
- FakeFish releases new update to Barotrauma: New Frontiers update trailer
- Most read articles on EGD in H1/2020
- 959 domestic and 30 foreign titles approved in China ISBN
- Kayo Games Face-to-face with an elephant AR video
- Remedy Entertainme nt releases CrossfireX – Official Campaign Reveal Trailer