Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 37/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 21st September The Pärnu Games Incubator Demo Day at 18:00 UTC+3 live on Twitch! Seven exciting game studios will be presenting in this event hosted by Gamecan and Tampere Game Hub
- 24th September Finnish Developer Showcase; online event for PC & Console developers aiming to Japan market
- 23rd-26th September Game Wave Festival
- 27th September Leadership Day by IGDA Finland
- 28th September Pocket Jam #6
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 20-21st October Green Games Summit online
- 14-15th October W Love Games (online)
- there is SHOWROOM, where you can present your teams and projects you have been working on! The booths are FREE of charge, same as the event
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Eeva Tötterström is currently looking for an internship position relating to Saranen`s GamePro –recruiting program. GamePro strives to train and introduce new talent to the game industry, and one of the requirements of participating is finding a game company to work with.
- If you fancy moving to the beautiful city of Stockholm (relocation covered) Rovio is looking for a Senior Producer to own the production on Angry Birds 2.
- Boom Corp is looking for a community lead and marketing lead to work on a growing product!
- Business opportunities for Finnish game studios in India.
- Apply to join Supercell’s Level Up Program. Program brings together a team of six members. Apply by October 10th.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
Jenni Järvinen asks how does one make a career change from one position to other?
- If you’d like to establish a new game studio in Nordic countries, Mind Detonator wants to connect with you.
- Rovio offers opportunities for remote work also in future with the new Rovio Nomad Program
- You can wishlist VR hunting simulator Virtual Hunter on Steam
- Supercell’s Sheila Ndungu discusses the importance of representation;”I’m a double minority – I’m a woman, and I’m black. You definitely see it and feel it.”