Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 37/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 12-29 September 100 Game Jams at Kumma Gallery
- 15-17 September Quantum Game Jam
- 4-6th October Northern Game Summit. Tickets are available
- 12th-13th October W Love Games free tickets available.
- 21st October DevCon 4 / Platform6 Tampere
- 25th-27th October Games Job Fair / Online + Onsite 27th Innopoli 2, Tekniikantie 14, 02150 Espoo, Finland
- 2-3rd November Game Connection Europe
- 10th November XmasJKL – The Finnish Game Industry Business Seminar in Jyväskylä
- 28-29 November Nordic Game Conference Helsinki
- 29th November Match XR
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
- 7th February Over 7 Hills 2023 / Turku
- EGDF voices concern over Unity’s Install Fees. Suomen pelinkehittäjät (Finnish Game Developer Studios Assn.) is a member of EGDF, and Neogames collaborates closely with both Suomen Pelinkehittäjät and EGDF.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are a Facebook user and looking for jobs in gaming in Finland, make sure to follow Pelialan työpaikat Suomessa Facebook group hosted by Finnish employment agency Duunitori. Open positions tagged to game industry are shared in the group automatically. We are in no way affiliated with Duunitori, but wanted to point out this resource as another good way to check out open positions.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Lempo by One Trick Entertainment is available on Playstation store, STEAM, Epic Store and GOG.
- Bonus Stage published Billy Bumbum: A Cheeky Puzzler by Frambosa
- Unity’s announcement of install fees raised concern in our game developer community.
- Samuli Syvähuoko is looking for narrative designers who are into Nordic folklore, especially Vikings.
- RMaschine is looking for a contract from a suitable games development company as a musician/sound designer.
- Kumma Gallery has new exhibiton: 100 Game Jams.
- Kick Motion release new outsource to Unreal Engine – Vikings Axes!
- (In Finnish): Yle wrote a piece of news of Meliora – Aalto University, as part of research project, has developed a game to treat depression
- Kirsi Ekberg is looking for interested developers for social impact and educational tools development.
- Kick Motion blogged about Art Outsourcing.