Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 39/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 1st October Expa / IGDA Finland Jyväskylä Hub Online Meetup at 7pm.
- 20-21st October Green Games Summit online
- 20th-24th October KOR-FIN Special Game Week 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games (online)
- there is SHOWROOM, where you can present your teams and projects you have been working on! The booths are FREE of charge, same as the event
- Check the updates on this year’s program!
- 27-29th October Nordic Game Talents | Recruitment & Career Building
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Aalto University is looking for Assistant or Associate Professor in Creative Technologies (all areas)
Stadin AO is looking for a teacher to join their growing Games & Animation team in Stadin AO vocational college!You can be specialized in Game Development + Coding OR in Game Art + Animation. You don’t need to be qualified teacher when applying.
SciPlay’s studio in Finland is looking for Product Manager, Back-end Engineer and QA Lead/Engineer to join their studio!Interested? Please drop your application including CV, cover letter and portfolio at email@example.com.Remote positions are considerable and up to further negotiation and planning together with them.Even if your skillset is not the right match for our requirements, they still want to know about all super skilled talents there are, so please drop them a line.
- Eeva Tötterström is currently looking for an internship position relating to Saranen`s GamePro –recruiting program. GamePro strives to train and introduce new talent to the game industry, and one of the requirements of participating is finding a game company to work with.
- Sourav Chatterjee, 5+ year experienced Unity and C# developer, is looking for a job. His resume is here
- Rubén Pino Soria, 3D game artist specialized in environments for games is currently looking for an internship position through Saranen’s GamePro training program.
- Apply to join Supercell’s Level Up Program. Program brings together a team of six members. Apply by October 10th.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
Jasmin Dahncke wonders (while gathering current job offers to post in their Games User Research & Experience group) why there are basically no or very few junior positions when it comes to user experience, user interface design but also game design?
- KickStarter is still valid platform when building campaign to with solid game concept and social media campaign. Sampo Games supported board game project with great success. (Article only in Finnish)
- Digi & Game Center offers co-working office space at Jyväskylä
- Netflix is continuing its push into video games with the acquisition of Night School Studio