Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 40/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 4-6th October Northern Game Summit
- 6th October Finding/Testing New Markets by Karoliina Kuutti and Elina Arponen (Game Business Loves Product!)
- 10th October IGDA Finland Helsinki Hub Meetup
- 12th-13th October W Love Games free tickets available.
- 21st October DevCon 4 / Platform6 Tampere
- 25th-27th October Games Job Fair / Online + Onsite 27th Innopoli 2, Tekniikantie 14, 02150 Espoo, Finland
- 27th October Google Cloud Halloween Horror Stories in Helsinki
- 2-3rd November Game Connection Europe
- 10th November XmasJKL – The Finnish Game Industry Business Seminar in Jyväskylä
- 28-29 November Nordic Game Conference Helsinki
- To get a pass with half-price, act now!
- 29th November Match XR
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
- 7th February Over 7 Hills 2023 / Turku
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Makea Games is looking for Senior Programmer, DevOps Engineer, 3D Animator (both contracted and an intern) and Level Designer
- Niina Koivusalo is looking for a place to enhance her skills as an environmental artist, marketing artist, UI-artist or as an illustrator inside games. She has work tryout (TE-toimiston työkokeilu).
- If you are a Facebook user and looking for jobs in gaming in Finland, make sure to follow Pelialan työpaikat Suomessa Facebook group hosted by Finnish employment agency Duunitori. Open positions tagged to game industry are shared in the group automatically. We are in no way affiliated with Duunitori, but wanted to point out this resource as another good way to check out open positions.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- MiTale is looking for testers for their upcoming game Willow Guard.
- Do you represent diversity in the Finnish Game Industry? Taina Myöhänen from Tampere University is interested to hear your thoughts about diversity in game industry as part of her research.
- Application period for Finnish Game Incubator by Tampere Game Hub and AhlmanEdu closes 6th of October.
- Want to hear nostalgic game music played with pipe organ? 3 church concerts on Saturday 7.10. at Taulumäki Church in Jyväskylä. Check more here in Finnish.