Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 41/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 14-15th October W Love Games (online)
- there is SHOWROOM, where you can present your teams and projects you have been working on! The booths are FREE of charge, same as the event
- Check the updates on this year’s program!
- 20-21st October Green Games Summit online
- 20th-24th October KOR-FIN Special Game Week 2021
- 22nd October The Power of Video Games (online). Register here.
- 27-29th October Nordic Game Talents | Recruitment & Career Building
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- People who look like you work at game industry can apply as assistant to the movie (note on Finnish)
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
The application period for October round of Finnish Cultural Foundation’s grants is on! (DL Oct 29) There is money available for game projects, so if you have artistically or culturally interesting game idea, it would be a good idea to use a couple of hours or a day for writing an application. Jaakko Kemppainen can provide some help with the applications.
- One week left to apply to Finnish Game Incubator 2021 (DL Oct 22)
- See stream about Game Over or Level Up-event (only in Finnish)
- Interview with Eevi Korhonen, Narrative Designer of Returnal / Housemarque
- Papukaya talks about making games for non-gamers.
- Check Games Now! lecture “AAA Digital Humans in Unreal Engine: Meet the Metahumans” by Ari Arnbjörnsson, Unreal Engine Evangelist, Epic Games.
- Coders needed to assist in Pamela Tola’s new movie that is set in the game world (the announcement in the Finnish only). Filming days Oct 26 and 27.
- Gamecan’s panel about building a game dev scene from the scratch.