Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 42/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 21-23rd October BooB Jam 2022 / Turku
- 26-28th October Games Job Fair Autumn 22
- 27th October Unity Talks session by Rovio. Sign up email@example.com.
- 2nd November We in Games and Next Games Breakfast Event
- 1-30th November Free City of Games / Kouvola: Idea call/applying until 1st of October.
- 3rd-4th November Game Connection Europe / Paris
- 16 November Match XR
- 17th-18th Slush Helsinki
- 26-27 November Theme Park. A digital art event
- 18 – 21 April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Orico Interactive, the team behind Void of Heroes, is looking for top talent in battle royale/online shooter segment. DM Jukka Planman directly for details. Void of Heroes has reached 200 000 downloads.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Neogames Finland Association and The Finnish Game Developers’ Association (Suomen Pelinkehittäjät ry.) has updated their model for CO2 emissions calculations. The model has now been updated with emissions of YouTube audience and with some smaller fixes in wording and figure updating.
- Digi & Game Center has a Great offer for You or Your company! For the rest of 2022, get the Hot Desk workstation from Digi & Game Center for only 299 euros + VAT 24%! 10 places available, be quick. more information about the facilities here.
- Finnish TV manufacturer, Salrora has made interesting game development ie. Tennis-Game at the same time the firs Pong Games were released at 70’s. (article in Finnish)
- SK Telecom (South Korea’s telco that has created the ifland metaverse) is looking for game companies with the capabilities to create 3D games that also hold their own IP lineup. If you match these criteria or know companies that do please DM Joh Spatialates Biz
- Weekly Pako Highway update, this time longer race from dusk til dawn! Out now on App Store and soon in Google Play!
- Gamescom Asia has been going on this week, and Nordics had visitor – Deputy Minister of Youth, Sports and Entrepreneur Development from Sarawak. Great discussion and possibilities between YB Dato Gerald Rentap Jabu and the Ambassador of Sweden to Singapore, Kent Härstedt, and with Friendbase,
who offers games for youths and schools.