Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 44/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 2th November SHINE / Creative industries networking event /Turku
- 2-3rd November Game Connection Europe
- 3rd November Game Business Loves Product! UGC Platforms as Game Business by Simo Ollonen & Olli Raudus / Open Creative House Oy / Helsinki + STREAM
- 10th November XmasJKL – The Finnish Game Industry Business Seminar in Jyväskylä
- 10th November Game Business Loves Product! Publisher Business Model from Developers perspective by Mika Reini / Open Creative House Oy / Helsinki +STREAM
- 14th November Unreal meetup / Tampere
- 23rd November NON-TOXIC seminar /Helsinki
- 28-29 November Nordic Game Conference Helsinki
- To get a pass with half-price, act now! Last chance: NG23 Helsinki half-price offer ends 13th October!,
- 29th November Match XR
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
- 7th February Over 7 Hills 2023 / Turku
- Last week released Alan Wake 2 has gotten exceptionally good reviews by numerous game critics
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are a Facebook user and looking for jobs in gaming in Finland, make sure to follow Pelialan työpaikat Suomessa Facebook group hosted by Finnish employment agency Duunitori. Open positions tagged to game industry are shared in the group automatically. We are in no way affiliated with Duunitori, but wanted to point out this resource as another good way to check out open positions.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- EGDF is starting discussions on its priorities for upcoming EU elections and the next commission term and asking what should be their priorities. Please select the key themes for you from the poll below. Please find more information on each theme from here
- The EU must protect the fundamental rights of the game developers studios in the platform and data economy
- The EU must secure access to talent
- The EU must secure access to funding
- The EU must build balanced framework for the protection of players
- The union must secure fair Digital Markets
- Digi & Game Center organizes 4 weeks course at Jyväskylä to understand basics about game industry for 18-29 years old unemployed person interested about game industry . Course in Finnish.
- Good experiences regarding young people participating e-sports. It has enhanced their opportunities to find a job
- Wanda O Rly wandering around the halls of Digi & Game Center and scare game developers and sharing they horror stories.
- Neogames’ J-P kaleva attended a panel discussion on Monday 30th Nov about lootboxes and regulation, voicing the local game industry’s point of view in the discussion. The PEGI system is one of the industry’s most important tools for reacting to different concerns related to gaming. Neogames advocates for sustainable game development within the local industry.
- Oleg Paliyrateful giving thanks to all Amazing Participants and Partners of the Games Job Fair Autumn 2023
- Lu Qiao, a master’s student in game studies at Tampere University is calling for survey participants. Exploring the Working Experiences of game expatriates in Finland: Migrants’ Awareness of Employment Rights in Finland and Support Needed During the Relocation.
- Attitudes towards gaming are changing: YLE writes about Finnish players’ emotional relationship to games in a touching article. Headline: ”While playing, I realized that life is a gift”. Article in Finnish only.
- Remedy Entertainment announced cooperation with Finnish clothing brand Makia.