Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 44/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 4th November Elite Game Developers webinar: How Lightheart Launched And Scaled UA For Mr. Autofire
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
- 23rd November Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Publishing Games in China” (online)
- 24th November Games Capital Summit at NG20+
- The Deadline is 10th November Apply now!
- 7th December Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Exergaming” (online)
- 25th January Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Founding a Game Company (in Finland), Again” (online)
- 15th February Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Building Sustainable Gaming Cultures” (online)
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Applications already open
- Thursday 19 November 2020 – Entries close
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar
EGDF in co-operation with Slovak Game Developers Association has build gameconfguide.com for complete list of games industry events and conferences and their status.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- 10th Muse is looking for extra pair of hands in programming! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PRG:n ALT-pelituotantoon etsitään tiimiä, jolle lopputuloksen aikaansaama muutos maailmassa on tärkeämpää kuin raha
- Jin Xiao Zhou is looking for teachers to share experiences of How to use PBL(Phenomena-based. learning)As a method for teaching art in Finland. This online workshop program will be paid, Approximately a 5/8hours Online video workshop or course, You’re welcome to leave a message to Jin.
- DGC partners has several open positions
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
October application period for Finnish Cultural Foundation’s funds is on! Application period lasts until the end of October and games have been on their list for a couple of years. One could also think if games could be applied in the hospitals and other institutions, since they have their own program.
💖 New releases 🤩
- Stirring Abyss released on Steam
- Barbearian is now on Switch too
Alexey Izvalov is asking about law requiring from Google to provide higher transparency about how the listings are formed
- EGD blog: Convertible Notes for Gaming Startups
- Habbo product manager Jorge García on balancing family life and work under lockdown
- Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm – Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer:
- Kalla Gameworks is proud to announce that we’re going to Kickstarter on November 3rd, 2020! To celebrate that, we also just released our gameplay trailer for The Pegasus Expedition a few days ago! Hope you enjoy it!
- XR Nation Citizen’s Spotlight: Stereoscape
- First video reviews about new game Solicitude Wake-up are showing up. Full gameplays: Dodger’s Gaming Corner & Samson Egilman
- Great success of HIVE – Turku Game Hub that is starting its 5th year of boosting game business in South-West Finland! / (Article in Finnish only)Vuonna 2017 perustettu Turku Game Hub, toiselta nimeltään The Hive, on vireä ja yhteisöllinen toimija, joka on onnistunut vakiinnuttamaan asemansa ajoittain hyvinkin epävarmalla pelialalla.
- The PX hub blog: PX Audience, Content & Free Pie (charts)
- Kayo Games: Halloween in Augmented Reality. & Explore the human cardiovascular system in Augmented Reality.
- Finland sees big drop in sick leave after nationwide remote working recommendation
- Max Sjöblom is selling some electronics (2x Dell laptops, 1x Lenovo legion gaming laptop etc, gaming mice/keyboards) and some furniture.