Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 45/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 13th November Equity in games and play
- To participate in this discussion, please fill this registration form by this Sunday 8 November: https://forms.gle/CijMzcZ4eFqNeitK9.
- 23rd November Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Publishing Games in China” (online)
- 24th November Games Capital Summit at NG20+
- The Deadline is 10th November Apply now!
- 25th November Joakim Achrén is hosting a webinar called “Early-Stage Success in Mobile Gaming,” where he talks to Skunkworks Games Co-Founder and CEO James Cramer
- 7th December Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Exergaming” (online)
- 9th December South Korean market Pitching event for Finnish Game Developers
- If you are interested to pitch, please fill the form and upload your pitch deck on the November 20th at the latest.
- 9th December Character Workshop by Bambinomonkey
- 25th January Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Founding a Game Company (in Finland), Again” (online)
- 15th February Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Building Sustainable Gaming Cultures” (online)
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Applications already open
- Thursday 19 November 2020 – Entries close
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar
EGDF in co-operation with Slovak Game Developers Association has build gameconfguide.com for complete list of games industry events and conferences and their status.
- Secret Exit has hundred million app dowloads! 🍭
- Rovio’s Q3 2020 Interim report published (on last week already)! Adjusted operating profit margin 18.9%, games gross bookings at last year’s level with lower user acquisition.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
💖 New releases 🤩
- Nutfarm Games awesome demo Children of the Eclipse add it to the wish list and join them in Discord
- Elina Lappalainen talked with Small Giant Games Timo Soininen about the Dream Deal and Life after Exit. You can listen the episode in ITunes, Spotify, Soundcloud etc, in Finnish (search Talouselämä and you see Kasvun rakentajat -podcast).
- Zsuzsa James is hosting two panels at next week’s Pocket Gamer Connects and has some sweet discounted tickets for the Finnish gamedev community.
- Solicitude Wake-up got big overhaul! Big changes have been made based on received user feedback. Free demo available
- The Pegasus Expedition on Kickstarter
- Short survey about project management practices in games industry
Lari Kivirinta, as a student is looking for technical artist to interview
- The PX HUB: Live-service Games: The Need For A Drastic Shift In Development Mindset