Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 48/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 5th December KOR-FIN Esports Festival 2020 한핀 e스포츠 페스티벌
- 7th December Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Exergaming” (online)
- 8th December Accenture, King and the Out in Tech organization are hosting an online breakfast panel on an exciting discussion on the topic of LGBTQI+ Role Models in the Tech Industry
- 9th December: South Korean market Pitching event for Finnish Game Developers
- 9th December: Character Workshop by Bambinomonkey
- 10th December: AWE Nite Helsinki: Fashionable XR
- 25th January Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Founding a Game Company (in Finland), Again” (online)
- 15th February Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Building Sustainable Gaming Cultures” (online)
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar
EGDF in co-operation with Slovak Game Developers Association has build gameconfguide.com for complete list of games industry events and conferences and their status.
- Critical Force’s excellent performance has been recognized with several achievements; The strongest in Finland 2020, Achievers 2020 and Growth Company of year 2020!
- Mr Autofire, is turning one!
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- University of Tampere / Centre of Excellence in Game Culture Studies asks; What are the benefits and pitfalls of data-driven game development? Aim to get better understand the everyday data practices of game makers and we could use help of the Play Finland community! Please fill in this online survey and we will be ever grateful.
- XR Nation– Citizen’s Spotlight tells the story of Mekiwi!
- Aksel Junkkila shares his story about developing Space Haven
Updates regarding to South Korean Games Market online pitching event on Dec. 9th;
The event time is extended to last until 11am. that we could take as many awesome pitching companies as possible.
If you are interested, you can still join as an investor, publisher, partner or as an audience. The event is free of charge but requires registration trough Eventbrite.
Children Of The Eclipse, is running a playtest on Steam!Riku Rantaharju islooking for a company to give support his thesis regarding storytelling in games
- Nokia+Snake game & Angry Birds mentioned at “50 Years of Gaming History, by Revenue Stream (1970-2020)”
- Upcoming Video Game Will Generate New Levels Using Qiskit and a Quantum Simulator
- Latvian Game Development Industry Data released
Finnish Game Jam: The biggest jam of the year is getting closer!#FGJ21 will happen January 29-31st 2021 (online), as a part of Global Game Jam. If you want to organise your own site now its the time to register!
- Redhill Games Office Move 2020