Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 49/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 5th December KOR-FIN Esports Festival 2020 한핀 e스포츠 페스티벌
- 7th December Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Exergaming” (online)
- 8th December Accenture, King and the Out in Tech organization are hosting an online breakfast panel on an exciting discussion on the topic of LGBTQI+ Role Models in the Tech Industry
- 9th December: South Korean market Pitching event for Finnish Game Developers
- 9th December: Character Workshop by Bambinomonkey
- 10th December: AWE Nite Helsinki: Fashionable XR
- 18th December The (international) Games Industry Holiday Party Palooza (online)
- 25th January Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Founding a Game Company (in Finland), Again” (online)
- 15th February Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Building Sustainable Gaming Cultures” (online)
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar
EGDF in co-operation with Slovak Game Developers Association has build gameconfguide.com for complete list of games industry events and conferences and their status.
- Yousician got the Digi app of the year reward in Finland. Article only in Finnish.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
Kimmo Halonen is looking for a person to help with motor audio to his game. Gig is payed
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Boom Slingers is out on iOS and Android
- Skunkworks is releasing MergeFriends on iOS & Android
- Glennhaven is released for Windows and Android
- Space Haven got nicely featured on Steam
- Pasi Häninen released a new podcast about the roots of Finnish Game Industry (+ Spotify)
- Elite Game Developers is adding new templates for game developers.