Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 50/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 9th December: Character Workshop by Bambinomonkey
- 10th December: AWE Nite Helsinki: Fashionable XR
- 18th December The (international) Games Industry Holiday Party Palooza (online)
- 25th January Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Founding a Game Company (in Finland), Again” (online)
- 26th January GamesBeat: Driving Game Growth & Into the Metaverse: Industry leaders online for two days of gaming content surrounding game growth after IDFA and the latest on the metaverse
- 15th February Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Building Sustainable Gaming Cultures” (online)
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar
EGDF in co-operation with Slovak Game Developers Association has build gameconfguide.com for complete list of games industry events and conferences and their status.
- Remedy Entertainment confirms that its 2019 action-adventure title Control, has now reached a new impressive sales milestone.
- Regarding to The ranking transparency in European platform regulation, the Commission Guidelines have finally been published. A must-read for anyone interested in application store optimization. It will take some months for application stores to implement these guidelines. But if you feel that an application store is not following them, please let us at Neogames know.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Koukoi Games has several new positions open for programming, backend development, art & 3D.
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- New trailer of Returnal (by Housemarque) and gameplay trailer released:
Niina Karvinen asks if anyone have anything in the making or has any tips about learning as avatars in virtual classrooms.
- Neogames organized pitching event for Finnish Developers and South Korean partners and investors on Wednesday.
- Finnish Game developer Saana Ghitsa Sormunen has been part of Cyperpunk2077 production as a producer!
- First short trailer of Solicitude Wake-up sequel Solicitude Mansion is released.
Polina Novikova is writing her thesis and would really appreciate your help here. If you are working in mobile games (preferably in marketing or product), know something about Chinese market and have time to answer couple of questions this week (through email), please, send her a dm!
Akshat Mathur is looking for people/ companies specializing in
Akshat Mathur leads Product development/ R&D for a UK-based mid-market eLearning company, and we’re looking to modernize our content to a ‘best-in-class’ level. Please contact him via DM if this is something of interest to you.
Gamification/ 3D animation of eLearning.
Graphic design/ look-and-feel, especially pertaining to eLearning and learning management systems.
- XR Nation Citizen’s Spotlight: Punnu Games
- “Get a life”, demoscene documentary from 1997. Unfortunately no english subtitles.
Living Game Intelligence Network asks if you are a game industry professional who’d like to support young game teams? Would you like to get a shortcut to stay updated on the grassroots level of the industry? Curious to get to know the next up and coming companies on a personal level when they’re still unheard of to most? We can make that easy for you! They’re happy to help you figure out if this is for you, and what would be the best way for you to help if it is.
- The PX Hub: Is this the end of Location-Based Games?
Jonne Ojennus made a shareware game in honor of Independence Day, called ROKKA.