Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 8/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 15-19th March GDC showcase is going all virtual this year.
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19-20th April PGC Digital #6
- 21-22nd April Finland Games Job Fair
- 6-7th April Global Games Pitch ’21 – PC and Console
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 26-28 May Nordic Game Conference
- You’ll get a free ticket for a friend/colleague if you register before 31 March!
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Celine Pasula is the new studio lead at Ubisoft Redlynx
- Rovio appoints Ben Mattes as its SVP for future of gaming and Angry Birds brand strategy
- Neogames is updating the list of games that Finnish Game Developers have released globally during 2020. Make sure that your games are listed!
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- University of Tampere is hiring a researcher to strengthen their game production studies team (job description 2 in the listing).
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
Your help is much appreciated! Comment in FB and he’ll send you a message!
- If you have plans to apply for the Digidemo grant, please note that there is just one deadline this year, 30.3.2021. The Autumn round is canceled 😔 (Article in Finnish only)
- Are you a game developer looking for international aspects and contacts? If yes, apply to the Game Mixer at Hamburg Games Conference Program! Official application deadline is over, but if you send your application in next couple days it will be considered (send the application to lari.siren (at) goethe.de. Game Mixer helps to build internationalisation & growth capabilities and networking opportunities. See for more information.
- The history of Snake: How the Nokia game defined a new era for the mobile industry
- Check the top 15 venture capital funds that invest in games
- Finnish Bonus Stage Publishing announced their newest publishing – Sunblaze.