In this report we will combine all the happenings of the Finnish Game Industry from the first weeks of January. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
- Unity is organising a recruitment event, Open House in Helsinki on Feb 4
- Aalto’s Games Now! lecture series for 2016 has started, check out the schedule!
- White Nights is a mobile & social game development and marketing conference that will be held in Helsinki on Feb 11-12
- Polar Bear Pitching in Oulu, Feb 10-11. Note, the application period ends Jan 22!
- International Nordic larp event running in Finland In March
- Loiste Interactive’s INFRA is out now on Steam
- The production of this game started in 1985, 31 years ago. Now is has finally been published! You can download Pasi Hytönen’s game Little King Arthur
- Pelipaja – Centria AMK is developing a video game in the Gamelab, the game is called Grimrush and it’s about punching boss monsters with all kinds of crazy skills and items
- TeacherGaming and Microsoft have announced the sale of MinecraftEdu franchise. They also are developing a new version based on MinecraftEdu, set to launch later this year
- Tiltagon is coming to the new Apple TV on Jan 28 under the name Tiltagon TV
- Zombie Catchers by Two Men and a Dog is out on the App Store in China, in cooperation with their partner View Kingdom
- Monkeyrama by Part Time Monkey is now available at Google Play
- You can check out Musopia’s Steam Greenlight page and vote to help them get greenlit their game, FourChords Instant Play Method
- State of Matter, developed by Kaamos Games will be published by FanART Games in February
- The guys from Oulu Game Lab have been working on a sci-fi top-down rogue-like shooter game, Gerty. The estimated time of release is in autumn 2016
- Unity has several job openings in Helsinki
- Hoodownr is looking for an intern who knows Android coding, preferably in northern Finland
- Next Games has open positions for a Senior Server Programmer, a QA Manager, a Senior Player Support Specialist and a Senior Game Designer
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- Pocket Gamer: Dealing with success: is Finland still ahead of the game?
- Interested to work in cooperation with the African game industry? Read this article!
- Talouselämän artikkelissa pietarilaisen Nevosoft-peliyhtiön kehitysjohtaja Julia Lebedeva kertoo helmikuun White Nights -tapahtumasta
- Pocket Gamer: Pablo Jordi on a magical Finnish-Korean mobile game co-production
- Read about the experiences Epic Owl has had when trying to raise investments
- Tuomas Pirinen from Reforged Studios shares the tools to develop memorable characters when under tight deadlines
- Pocket Gamer: Next Games’ Kalle Kaivola shares tips for working with IP
- eEemeli on laatukilpailu, jossa etsitään parasta interaktiivisen median oppimisratkaisua. Siihen voivat osallistua yritykset, yhteisöt ja oppilaitokset ja palkintona 5 000 euroa
- Pocket Gamer: Kim Soares on how to be smart as an indie
- Pocket Gamer: Jami Laes on the $100 billion future of mobile advertising
- Pocket Gamer: Finnish game jam Survival Mode sees devs building games while trying to stay alive
- Caffeine Overdose Oy and Outloud Oy won prizes at the Games for Health Finland Challenge 2015, congrats! (in Finnish)
- Got your games-related final thesis accepted in 2015? Sign up for the Game Studies Thesis Competition 2016. Deadline Feb 12
- Tänään on viimeinen päivä ilmoittautua Vuoden graafisiset huiput -kilpailuun!
- Just a couple of weeks until the Finnish Game Jam, watch the teaser!
- Pocket Gamer: Seriously reveals that Best Fiends has hit $25M in lifetime sales, congrats!
- Two Finnish games: Badland 2 and Power Hover were mentioned in Gameranx December top 10 video, congrats!
- Dodreams’ DriveAhead! has reached 10 million downloads, congrats!
- Pocket Gamer: #PGCLondon 2016 speaker Reforged’s Teemu Vilen on the rise of hardcore niches
- Pocket Gamer: From soil to store: The making of Farm Away
- Crowdfunding for the written history of the classic UFO: Enemy Unknown game is open until Feb 9 (in Finnish)
- Signe Viimsalu, ex-CEO of EstBAN (Estonian Business Angels Network) has been appointed to Tunnel Ground advisory board
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon.