Our project “Baltic Game Industry” (BGI) aims towards boosting the game industry in the Baltic Sea region (BSR), granting worldwide competitiveness and increasing the overall capacity for innovation. The map of European games industry reveals some clear hotspots of high game development activities in BSR. There is a major opportunity for regional businesses, innovation intermediaries and public authorities to learn from each other’s experiences, successful approaches and examples by getting connected, reaching a critical mass of competitive game business and, in the long run, establish an excellent reputation of what henceforth will be known as the ‘Baltic Sea Game Axis’.
The main project result is a step forward to sustainable economic growth in the game industry, making the BSR a competitive game hotspot, with mutual understanding between innovation intermediaries and game companies, adequately skilled workforce, empowered innovation actors and supportive framework conditions for game start-up & SMEs.
Specific results comprise:
- Improved framework conditions for the game industry in the BSR
- Strengthened expertise at the public authorities (as well as at the agencies that manage funding programmes, chambers and other business support structures etc.)
- Adapted business development strategies in the region, improved promotion programmes that better fit for the needs of a game start-up, widened information sources for them
- Improvements in regulations to better meet needs of game start-ups
- Increased institutional capacities of support structures – business development and incubation
- Increased institutional capacities of support structures – incubation, business development
- Strengthened structures, organisation and know-how of incubators & coaching services
- Fostered cooperation among incubators (in a country and across BSR) for use of synergies
- Increased business opportunities for and business power of the game industry
- Strengthened capacities of game SMEs and game start-ups
- Widened business opportunities for the game industry
The lead partner of the project is BGZ.
For more information, please visit: http://www.baltic-games.eu/
Outputs produced by Baltic Game Industry project
During this project Neogames has produced multiple documents together with City of Helsinki:
Working document – Optimizing Finnish Immigration Process for highly qualified experts
The Helsinki Model of Games Industry Talent Building
A Year in Helsinki Games Industry
Game industry action plan for the City of Helsinki
Executive summary of Invisible Success Story (Game activities in Culture and Leisure Sector in Helsinki)
Together Neogames and City of Helsinki have also submitted the profile of Helsinki to the project’s website and reported the journey of making the game industry action plan for the City of Helsinki.
Neogames has supported also project activities in incubation capacity building. All outputs, including manuals of putting up incubator and its activities, can be read on project’s website.
Baltic Game Industry project has been working with virtual reality in non-game sectors. All outputs about this topic can be read on project’s website.