Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 23/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 14-16th June Eko Game Jam / Helsinki
- 17th June Investors Games Demo Day @ Games FactoryHelsinki
- 17th June; Reactor invites people to Artificial Overmind, build an AI in Python that can play StarCraft II, outsmart the other players, and rise in the rankings.
- 18th June Games UR/UX Finland Meet Up / Helsinki
- 18-20th June Finnish Game Day 2019 in St. Petersburg, Russia. The signup for Finnish studios here
- 20th June Open House – Games Building 5 @Maria01/ Helsinki
- 1st-2nd Oct Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki. Discount code for all PlayFinland members: PLAYFINLAND20 that gives you 20% off tickets
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- EA tracktwenty is hiring! They are looking to fill a number of positions across a variety of roles including IT Support, Programming, Art, UX, Product Management and Quality Verification to join the team in Helsinki.
- Attention developers, programmers, artists, designers, product managers, data analysts, data scientists, and marketers! Take a look at Rovio job openings for some exciting opportunities in the offices in Finland (and Sweden)
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Curious on how to enter the Games Industry? On March 1st, during the Futures Day, one of the topics discussed on our stream was just that! Take a look and see what industry veterans have to say on the topic. If you know what your skills are, and just need a place to apply them, take a look at http://www.devs.tv/jobs/ for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Lingon Games puts in early access Veggie Flip – Explosive Fun Puzzle Action on GooglePlay
- Part Time Monkey’s new hypercasual-ish game In ‘n Out is out now
- Nonstop Knight 2 is finally out globally on Appstore and GooglePlay
- a new episode on Elite Game Developers, with Robin Squire and Paul Kurowski. They are founders of Black Block
- New Tree Men Games game coming up wit HELI 100
- The Name of the Game documentary film is now available in a nostalgic DVD format (720 x 576!!)! In Lionshop, Discshop and Cdon.com
- Next Games is working with Stranger Things and the awesome team at Netflix!
- INFRA, has made into S3, E2 of Designated survivor, a popular Netflix series
Discussions & Recommendations;
Claudio Lins is looking for recommendations for 3D print service for custom characters or something similar
- Suomalaisfirma Remedy Entertainment mukana sovittamassa yhtä maailman suosituimmista tietokonepeleistä (Crossfire) Xboxille – “Tämä on meille oikeasti iso juttu”
- Talouselämä tekee taas vuosittaista peliselvitystä. Listaamme suuruusjärjestyksessä Suomen 20 liikevaihdoltaan suurinta peliyhtiötä. Lähetin kyselyn linkin äsken meilillä kaikille niille, joiden arvelin kuuluvan mahdolliseen kohderyhmään + joukolle muuten kiinnostavia joista haluamme kuulumisia. JOS ETTE SAANEET viestiä, mutta arvelette että teidän olisi pitänyt saada, ole pian yhteydessä Elina Lappalainen. Ja jos saitte viestin, please vastatkaa enenn juhannusta niin saadaan aineiston pakettiin ja jutun työn alle ennen lomia! Viime vuoden selvitys (vai tilaajille)
- pre-research survey about the game jam community (just few questions).
- More edugames from Finland going international, stay tuned
- What is Devs.tv?” video that is on their front page to reflect the current goals. If you are curious what we do, check it out!
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.