Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the weeks 49 /2017 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 8th Dec Quantum Game Jam 2017 Turku site
- Dec. 8-9th Rekry Game Jam / Kuopio
- Dec 11th Steam Update & Chat / Helsinki (sold out)
- Dec 12th IGDA Finland Helsinki Gathering
- Dec 14th Metropolia Game Demo Day
- January 22-23 2018 Pocket Gamer Connects London
- January 26-28 Global Game Jam and also Finnish Game Jam; Check the sites
- Turku site we are giving opportunity to make board games at the jam, thanks to sponsorship by Boost Turku and LudiCreations
- May 8th Games First
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- VFX-artistille töitä tarjolla Veikkauksen Pelistudiossa.
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- To celebrate 100 years of independent Finland Steam and Valve in co-operation with Finnish game developers and their publishers offers big saves of (almost) hundred Finnish Games.
- MotionVolt Games Ltd‘s Flip Master game was chosen to be one of the best games of 2017 at Google Play!!
- Apple has selected Everywear Game’s Micropolis as Game of the Year for Apple Watch!
- PGC celebrates their love of Finland with an exclusive discount to the fifth London conference on January 22nd-23rd. The code is: 100/5
- Nordic Game offers as a warm “thank you” for Play Finland’s support, a “really-early-early-bird” discount – if you buy your tickets before 31 December (that’s a 60%+ DISCOUNT on full NG18 conference passes).
- PlayRaven announced technology partnership with Improbable.
- Badland Brawl in soft launch iOS. Check the Trailer
- YATATOY released a kids’ music composer app called BANDIMAL
- Fast Company wrote nice things about BANDIMAL: “The World’s Cutest App For Kids To Make Music“
- Stuff Magazine UK – https://www.stuff.tv/…/drop-everything-and-download-bandimal
- Panda 2, new HTML5 Game Development Platform released.
- Metropolia takes more students to Game Artist Study Module
- 100 years of Finland independence – A tribute to the spiritual home of mobile gaming
- Retro Rewind -pelilehden mesenointikampanja on kääntymässä loppusuoralle. Tilaajien ja yritysten tukea kaivataan vielä. Suomalaisellakin pelialalla on jo vahvaa retrojuurta ja niistä on paljon tarinoita kerrottavaksi, joten tulkaa toki mukaan lehden tukijoiksi!
- The Finland Unity User Group is visiting Seriously on Dec 14th!
- Finnish dev Immobile sells Early Access game SkidStorm to Cheetah Mobile after pirated version goes viral in China
- The deadline to submit your game to the Google Play Indie Games Contest is 31st December. Don’t miss out on prizes that will help get your game get noticed by industry experts and gamers worldwide!
- Kate Edwards is giving a talk at on culturalization of games at Games Now
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.