Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the weeks 50 /2017 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- January 22-23 2018 Pocket Gamer Connects London
- January 26-28 Global Game Jam and also Finnish Game Jam; Check the sites
- Turku site we are giving opportunity to make board games at the jam, thanks to sponsorship by Boost Turku and LudiCreations
- May 8th Games First
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Seriously’s Best Fiends has generated the first $100m of gross revenue.
- Housemarque’s Nexmachina is one of the top 10 video games of the year by The Guardian.
Finnish Game Jam opens new locations. Some of the sites has already sold out
- Firetail Games goes through all the quirks and mishaps that have happened during their entrepreneur journey in form of a “Holiday Calendar” here #wearefiretailgames
- The Maturing Mobile Market: Why Fostering Firm Feedback Pays Off
- Finnish Game Jam‘s live video from Quantum Game Jam
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.