Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine this week’s happenings from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames’ latest report on the Finnish game industry 2015
We wish you all a happy Easter and a relaxing spring break!
- Galerie Forsblom is organizing an event on the similarities of creating characters in visuals arts and games, on March 30 at 6 pm in Helsinki. The discussion will be in Finnish
- Gamedev Days 2016 in Tallinn, April 8-9
- Rieha Creative’s Ookujira is now released at the App Store, the game is free of charge
- The Sauna Simulator has some new features
- Battlestation: Harbinger by Bugbyte Brothers can now be found @ Humble Mobile Bundle
- RedLynx is looking for a Video Editor / Motion Graphics Specialist & QC Specialist
- Swedish studio Resolution Games would love to see applications from Finland. They say: “By looking at the top charts it looks like you know one or two things about game development.”
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- Photo evidence from our Nordic Breakfast at San Francisco
- Pocket Gamer: Top 50 mobile game developers of 2016
- Join the charity project to help asylum seekers, you can donate download codes to give as prizes for the fundraising for their spring trip to Vaasa!
- Indie developers, you can help the people at Go Wide do market research in order to re-shape AppBooster (sel-served platfrom for rewarded installs)
- The Early Bird discount for NG16 ends today!
- Red Nettle Studios now has a community page
- Tekes: eSports – Finnish game research to investigate a globally huge trend
- Project Planet Shock developed by BitByByte Creations was at Sceenshot Daily on Reddit
- Red, the Angry Bird is the new United Nations Honorary Ambassador for Green and United Nations Development Programme, congrats! #AngryBirdsHappyPlanet
- Talouselämä: Rovion pelimyynti kasvoi: Seitsemästä uudesta pelistä kolme menestyi
- Kauppalehti: Kiinan-oppeja suomalaisilta peliyrityksiltä
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out last week’s list!