Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine this week’s happenings from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames’ latest report on the Finnish game industry 2015
- “Elina Arponen: How to build a Game Company” is the latest event by Metropolia Entrepreneurship Society, the 7th of April in Espoo
- Team Jolly Roger helped Mushroom Party develop their game Mushroom Crusher Extreme on the road to Steam
- Kiemura’s Tiltagon is like Marble Madness meets Super Hexagon and out now on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux
- Kotka Games’ Pasi Riiali´s P-RALLY, is now available at the App Store and Google Play
- Stupid Stupid Games’ Johnny Graves—The Unchosen One is Greenlit at Steam, you can help them by voting
- Bulkypix’s Flail Rider – a Blast Corps and PAKO inspired car game available now at the App Store and Google Play
- Playraven’s latest release Winterstate is now available at Google Play too
- Appstar just soft-launched in Finland and New Zealand their new game World of Fashion – Dress Up on App Store and Google Play
- Hypersensitive Bob is now available on Steam for PC, Mac & Linux
- Quantum Break is out next Tuesday, but take a look at this
- Afterlife Entertainment worked on some new and improved graphics for Nanotris
- Nyheim by Fanart Media & Games is going to be available for voting on Square Enix Collective starting on April 4th
Take a look at into Urban Empire – a PC game that Fragment is developing
- Immobile Games’ racing game needs a name and they would love to hear your thoughts. Check out the amazing suggestions on Play Finland’s Facebook page!
- Dreamloop’s blog: Game Devs, when you start a project, start with market research
- Kukouri has a new way for User Acquisition, they are selling bread. If you show to the cashier one of their games on your ohone, you’ll get a discount!
- Juhani Hujala’s blog post on the process of an ‘iterative prototyping‘. How to use one basic game mechanic to make 10 different kind of gameplays
- Anyone can now turn their Xbox One into a dev kit for free
- OpenToonz is a software for producing a 2D animation and now available
- Researchers studied post-mortems from Gamasutra and provided a summary: “What Went Right and What Went Wrong”: An Analysis of 155 Postmortems from Game Development
- Stupid Stupid Games got funded, their equity crowdfunding reached 100%, congrats!
- 10 years of Pocket Gamer: EA’s Petri Ikonen reminisces on Digital Chocolate days
- #XmasJKL — The Finnish Game Industry Pre-Xmas Event Aftermovie video
- Pocket Gamer: Top 50 mobile game developers of 2016 list includes several Finnish companies, congrats!
- Tekes: Play for Reward: Hyötypelimarkkinoihin vipinää uudella pelikokemusmallilla ja laajalla kenttätutkimuksella
- DOME: Kauppinen ohjeisti pelintekijöitä 20 vuotta sitten: “Ohjelmointipuolelta voi vain kommentoida: DOS on kuollut.”
- Syksyllä alkaa Piippolan Ammatti- ja Kulttuuriopistossa peligrafiikan osaamisala, sisältää mm. 2D- ja 3D- peligrafiikan sekä pelianimaation tekemistä
- OP on valittu välittämään Euroopan investointirahaston (EIR):n takaamia luottoja pk-yrityksille. Takaus merkitsee edullisempia rahoituskustannuksia ja parempaa riskirahoituksen saatavuutta
- Games for Health Finland Challenge 2016 -kilpailu
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out last week’s list!