Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine this week’s happenings from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames’ latest report on the Finnish game industry 2015
- “Elina Arponen: How to build a Game Company” is the latest event by Metropolia Entrepreneurship Society, the 7th of April in Espoo
- Aalto Desing Factory: Games Now! – An open and free lectures. This week was Graham McAllister from Player Research.
- SCORE Game music concert comes to Lahti 28.4.!
- Nordic Game Conference 2016, 18-20 May in Malmö, Sweden.
- Remedy launched Quantum Break April 5th @Xbox.
- Halflike releases Mad Art Millionaire for iPad in Canada, Australia and Finland!
- Muro Studios released Shadow Bug in iOS
- Kumoon is in the Top 20 of Steam VR games!
- in Finnish: 500 koululaisen jättihanke Vantaalla – Testaavat ja kehittävät pelejä yrityksille
- Neon Chrome by 10tons launches on 28th April on Steam
- Space Bang by Tuomas Erikoinen, is now globally available now.
- Johannes Hidén first mobile game, #Cubendor, is a free time project is out now.
- Firetail Games from Joensuu is competing in a business competition
- Theory Interactive; Reset will be a movie too! on no… it was an April fool…
- Own YouTube playlist for games made in Jyväskylä Central Finland.
- Fanart Media & Games: Nyheim is live at Square Enix Collective. You can vote them: http://collective.square-enix.com/projects/226/nyheim
- Aalto in the Game Recruiting event April 25th
- Elina Lappalainen is looking for an artist to make graphics to her new children’s book. More info from. email@example.com
- Frozenbyte is looking for a new generation of Frozenbyteans, do check out our open positions at: http://www.frozenbyte.com/jobs (General applications welcome as well, as usual!)
- Kuuasema is looking for level designer to join our Angry Birds Seasons team for the summer months.
- Umbra is hiring Unity developer
- Almerin is looking for front end developer and / or backend developer
- Next Games is hiring a Full Stack Developer
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- Heavy Rockets launches on April 21, 2016. Check out the official launch trailer https://youtu.be/wBVeeU5P8Xs
- Pocket Festival is available now in iTunes as part of Fanart Media & Games portfolio!!
- Unity Blog: New study reveals the future of mobile game monetization
- in Finnish: Rovio releases its financial numbers of year 2015
- Only in Finnish: Yrittäjäksi ryhtyvälle työttömälle työnhakijalle myönnetään enintään 12 kk ajaksi peruspäivän suuruinen starttiraha ja tämä voidaan rahoittaa työttömyysetuusmäärärahoista
- Huijaustuodio at twitch.tv/huijausstudiosart and twitch.tv/huijausstudioscode, and and embedded at www.huijausstudios.com
- Koukoi has a brand new website released for our upcoming mobile game Crashing Season!
- Mindfield is implementing…
- Appstars World Of Fashion is number 4 on Finland Top Free Games (iOS)
- Parta Games’ Meatball is Starbucks Pick Of The Week in the UK and Ireland!
- Pewdiepie playing Quantum Break
- Immobile Games is looking for support to get a new name to their game
- New and improved graphics of Nanotris
- PlayRaven; Winterstate on sale now!
- Koukku -research project (by Aalto and Tampere Universities) focuses in positive user commitment and -retention aspects at games.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out last week’s list!