Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine this week’s happenings from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames’ latest report on the Finnish game industry 2015
- April 27th. Evening with Raph Koster & Next Games: By Next Games
- Game Spring Oulu June 8: http://gamespringoulu.fi/
- Unity Finland; Next meetup at Umbra 3D on Wednesday April 20th.
- 28 April at 17:00–20:00 Games as a business and engine for economic growth: Prospects and challenges
- SCORE Game music concert comes to Lahti 28.4.!
- Nordic Game Conference 2016, 18-20 May in Malmö, Sweden.
- Shadow Bug released and it got featured in App Store.
- Stupid Stupid Gamesgot their game to Greentlit in Steam
- Best Fiends, Apple Inc. and World Wildlife Fund working together on the Apps For Earth Campaign
- Tomi Puhakka seriously want to work with game audio. More showreel: http://tomipuhakka.wix.com/tomipuhakka#!showreels/cee5
- Shadwen from Frozenbyte coming to PC and PS4 in May!
- #TheDetail coming out soon from Rival Games Ltd
- New game studio in Tampere; Rosekiss
- Oriveden Opisto etsii uudelle eSports-linjalle valmentaja/koordinaattoria. Myöhemmin myös todennäköisesti tuntiopettajia ja vierailevia tähtiä.
- Aalto in the Game Recruiting event April 25th
- Hero Siege looking for a full time pixel artis panicartstudios(at)gmail.com
- Umbra has an open job position for Unity developer, apply now
- Intervisio, the Emmy® awarded entertainment house, is looking for a product lead for games & apps.
- work with game audio. More stuff about Tomi: http://tomipuhakka.wix.com/tomipuhakka & showreel: http://tomipuhakka.wix.com/tomipuhakka#!showreels/cee5
- A new blog post by Koukoi Games: Making Good-sounding Audio for Mobile Games
- Ludocrafts’ latest showreel
- Part Time Monkeys’ Space Bang’s first week figures from launch week
- Dev Blog; Project: Longtail is progressing
- Quantum Break isThe best-selling new Microsoft Studios IP this generation.
- Only in Finnish: PIKKULI avasi TV:ssä lauantaiaamuna ja sen kunniaksi peleistä uudet päivitykset marketeissa:
- Parta Games; The Choppa globally on April 21st!
- Mobiilipelien testauksen automatisointia käsittelevä diplomityö palkittiin.
- One month after release; Pixel Ski Jump success is crowing in Appstores
- Only in Finnish: Paper Fruits by Pixel Ceremony is getting populas in Finnish Appstore.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out last week’s list!