In this report we will combine this week’s happenings from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
We are vary grateful for all of those who helped us in organizing the Finnish Game Awards and those who attended and those who watched the live stream. Congrats once again to all the winners and we will soon have images from the event! Take a look at the pictures!
Neogames’ latest report on the Finnish game industry 2015
- Meet The Mobile Gaming Experts, in Helsinki on May 9
- Game Music Awards 2016 (June 8th) is getting closer! 2 days left to submit your tracks
- May 3rd Morning seminar next week we have at Tampere University. It is combined session of the Hybridex project results (2012-2014) and new project Hybrid Social Play (2016->).
- Games Now! – An open and free lectures
- May 9th Meet the Mobile Gaming Experts
- GameFounders‘s Games on Tour: East-West meetup in Tallinn May 30 – June 2nd
- June 8th Game Spring Oulu releases key speaker: Chris Avellone
- Aalto EE; Game Executive September 7-14
- The third and final episode for The Detail by Rival Games is out now
- Apestorm – Full Bananas, a 2D steampunk zeppelin bombing action game by Finnish gamedevs Snowhound is out today on App Store and Google Play! Download it here: App Store & Google Play Check out the launch trailer:https://youtu.be/oBjqQZ3Um2M
- Neon Chrome by 10tons – a cyberpunk themed top-down shooter with rogue-like elements now available on Steam:
- Roviolta uusi peli, elokuvalle laaja jakelu USA:ssa
- Meizi Games just released their new title Brake or Break! for Android.
- Housemarque’s game “Alienation” is out and available for Playstation 4 on PSN.
- Kopla Games expanded the soft launch of Nonstop Knight to Android
- Games for Health Finland; Health Game Challenge 2016
- GAMING TOP TALENT Apply now for prizes worth over $1m! Batch 1 closed Batch 2 closes May 20th – 50 slots remaining Batch 3 closes June 20th
- Fast like a Fox nominated for two categories @ Google Play Awards
- Oddrok; Power Hover glides past one million downloads
- Nordic Game Awards 2016; Finalists revealed.
- 5 More Minutes (http://5moreminutes.com) is looking for some awesome people to join our ranks. So if you happen to have skills in any of these, please get in touch.- UI, UX and frontend development
– Game design and content creation
– “Media assistant” for communication and community management
http://www.mol.fi/tyopai…/tyopaikkatiedotus/…/8941670_fi.htmIf you happen to be a rising new star of one of these areas do drop your cv and portfolio(!) to email@example.com.
- Housemarque is looking for a full time Server Programmer !
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- Zemeho is music to the ears of gamers
- Pablo Jordi; What the Finnish animation industry has to offer to the Finnish game industry.
- Choppa’s is number #1 free arcade game in the US and lots of other countries.
- (only in Finnish) Suomesta maailman suurin tietokonepeli? Aallon tutkijoiden toteuttama digitaalinen kiipeilyseinä.
- Rovio: Angry Birds will be bigger than ever before
- Seriously’s latest initiative: Building the ‘Pixar of Mobile’ one update at a time
- (only in Finnish) Pelifirmat houkuttavat Suomessa – tänne it-opiskelijat haluavat töihin
- PlayRaven CEO Lasse Seppänen on being bold and trying new things in the mobile strategy genre
- Nordic Game Awards 2016: Finalists revealed, congrats to the Finnish studios who made the list!
- Oddrok’s Power Hover glides past one million downloads, congrats!
- Fingersoft’s Fast like a Fox nominated for two categories at the Google Play Awards, congrats!
- Digital Media Finland’s report on last week’s LA Games Conference
- MyGamez exceed 100 million users in China
- (only in Finnish) Kajaanin ammattikorkeakoulu ensimmäisenä ja ainoana Suomessa Sonyn Playstation First Partner ja nyt myös Crytekin VR First partner
- (only in Finnish) Armadillo Adventure Uudessa Suomessa: “Samankaltaisia pelejä ei kovin usein sovelluskaupoissa tule vastaan
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out last week’s list!