We recap the weekly report for the last time this year. Neogames wishes everybody a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
- White Nights is a mobile & social game development and marketing conference on Feb 11–12 2016 in Helsinki
- Everywear Games has released Time Unit, the first superhero adventure available only on Apple Watch
- Walk Mode from Turku has created Hyper Piper: Multimedia Plumbing! It is available for iOS and Android. It has three language versions: Finnish, Swedish and Sami
- Frogmind’s BADLAND 2 out now on the App Store
- Tiltagon, developed by Kiemura, is on Steam Greenlight: you can help and vote ‘Yes‘
- ArzaStudio’s Wheelie Bike is now available for iOS too, the Android version was released earlier this year
- The call for Creative Europe Funding for games is open
- Koukoi Games has just soft launched Crashing Season in Canada and Australia
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- Neogames is collecting a list of all the games published in Finland this year, help us out!
- Zaibatsu Interactive created Elder Goo – Möllit in October and now it is the most popular free children’s app in Finland
- Students from Metropolia University of Applied Sciences are writing a thesis about Game Producers. You can help by filling their survey until the end of the year
- Pockert Gamer 2015 review: Rovio’s new head of games Wilhelm Taht on a big year coming
- Epic has created Unreal Dev Grants to provide financial grants to innovative projects built in and around Unreal Engine 4. Awards range from $5,000-$50,000
- PGCLondon speaker Arja Martikainen on the challenges of recruitment in Finland
- This year has made PlayRaven’s team even more international, Finns are now a minority
- PGCLondon speaker Kim Soares on why indies need to refine their strategy in 2016
- Rune Blade, made by Everywear Games, had a great year
- Finnish games company Teachergaming crafts creativity for schools
- Futureplay’s Jami Laes resolves to do the right, different, delightful thing right now
- Suomalaisyhtiö Gigglebug Entertainment on tehnyt ensimmäisen kasvojen liikkeillä ohjattavan mobiilipelin lapsille, Kikattavan Kakkiaisen Naamarallin
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them to the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Read the previous post.