In this report we will combine this week’s happenings from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
- Red Nettle Studio’s Lets Play, part 2 of the game The Bottom of the Well is out now for Mac, PC, Android and iOS
- Robocide by PlayRaven will be launched next week
- Void of Heroes by Tunnel Ground Inc is now available both at the App Store and Google Play
- Kolibri Studios is looking for a Game Artist to Hyvinkää
- RedLynx is looking for an Art Lead, a Lead Concept Artist and an Art Director to Helsinki
- Umbra has an opening for a Summer Programmer in Helsinki, they have other openings too
- Namida Diamond Factory is searching for a Java Developer to Helsinki
- Yle is looking for a male of Asian ethnic origin / fluently Chinese speaking to play a loud triad boss in their adaptation of the “Matkailua Pelialalla”-comic book
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- Free2Play research project‘s final report is now available, check out the results
- Lehto Sound creates music for game studios
- EGDF has created an Unofficial Check List to aid in applying for the Creative Europe funding for game devs
- Kopla Games is partnering with Flaregames to release their first game
- European Commission’s Support for the Development of European Video Games funding is now open
- Pocket Gamer: How to get a job at The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land developer, Next Games
- Tekes continues game business development funding after the Skene game programme. Check out the new English game site
- Help out a researcher on his study on player engagement in video games, you can get rewarded with beer!
- Angry Birds will now also teach English
- A Brief view to Jyväskylä, Central Finland Game Industry Scene via Slide Share
- YouTube video of The Critical Ops eSports Tournament – Opening Day #1
- You can help & comment the brothers of the YouTube channel Game Over Bro, where they play games
- Check out the nominees for the International Mobile Game Awards, congrats to the Finnish studios who made it onto the lists!
- Tekes customer magazine, Views has an article of the Finnish game industry with Housemarque, Colossal Order and many other great companies
- You can apply for a scholarship to the sold out FGJ Train Jam (US)
- Koukoi Games’ Crashing Season won Best Art award at White Nights Helsinki Indie Game Cup, congrats!
- Tivi: Pelibisneksessä kilpailu kiristyy ja virtuaalitodellisuus jyrää, pelialan vuoden 2016 trendit
- YLE: Remedy vei Hollywood-tähdet ensimmäiseksi hammaslääkäriin
- Digital Health – Kasvu Open– osallistu Suomen suurinpaan yritysten kasvun sparrauskilpailuun
- Video hienoista suomalaisista tech-firmoista, mukana Umbra ja PlayRaven
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out last week’s list!