In this report we will combine this week’s happenings from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
We are very happy that this year San Francisco is going to see a huge delegation of Finnish game developers, see you all there!
GDC / Games Connection America:
- IAP vs. Ads: Solving the Mobile Monetization Enigma talk at GDC, one of the speakers is Dodreams CEO Erik Pöntiskoski
- Pocket Gamer’s ultimate GDC 2016 party guide
- Age of the Tempest launch party on March 8 in Helsinki. Myrskyn sankarit is the most successful Finnish language role-playing game and now it is being soft launched in English
- IGDA Finland Turku Hub Gathering with Rival Games and Shark Punch on March 9
- Brazil’s Independent Games Festival 2016 BIG, is now open for submissions
- Perilune’s game Alien Explorer is available at the App Store and at Google Play. They would like to hear your feedback!
- Kopla Games’ first action RPG Nonstop Knight is now available at the App Store
- Tree Men Games’ PAKO Map Pack #4 update is now out at the App Store
- Hoodrip Skateboarding by Arcticplay Studios is available at the App Store and at Google Play
- Supercell’s Clash Royale is now available globally
- Tero Lunkka’s shooter survival game Lonely Survivor Shooter needs your help @ Steam
- Pelilabra Rovaniemi’s physics puzzle game Rowll is available at the App Store
- BelleGames’ new concept is almost done, there are a lot of furry fellows involved
- Rival Game’s The Detail is coming in early April
- From Earth, a free HL2 mod store page is now visible @ Steam
- Koukoi Games is looking for an experienced, deeply motivated and passionate Producer
- See more open jobs at Games Jobs Finland
- Congrats to Vesa Raudasoja on being elected to IGDA’s Board of Directors!
- PlayRaven’s Robocide is climbing the App Store charts across the globe and reached #1 on the iPad Strategy Charts in the US, congrats!
- Koukoi Games has a brand new website. Blog: How To Win The Award For Best Art For Your Mobile Game
- Chat is a very viable platform: using games to turn a chat-based platform into a real business
- Kopla Games raises $750,000 seed round from Klaas Kersting, congrats!
- Free2Play research project’s final report is now, it was made at the University of Tampere
- Industry legend Hideo Kojima joins NG16
- If you have OCVR DK2 that you are not using, why not to sell it to Turku Game Lab
- Quantum Break is now one of the most anticipated games of 2016
- The newest Games Now! talk can be now be watched, the speaker is Antti Tiihonen – one of the founders behind Almost Human
- Pelien parantavasta voimasta tehdään liiketoimintaa Savossa
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out last week’s list!