Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 1-2/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- Design Workshop; Wearables, Games and Extended Reality / Tampere (Note: Reasonable travel expenses(i.e. Train or Bus Tickets) will be compensated for the participants who reside outside of Tampere.)
13 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Bioadaptive Game Design for Wearable Supported Extended Reality
15 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Social Interaction in Extended Reality Games through Wearables
17 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Costumes as Extended Reality Game Controllers
23 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Synthesis Workshop (We expect all participants to participate in the Synthesis Workshop)
24 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Fusion Workshop (We expect all participants to participate in the Fusion Workshop )
Application Form: https://bit.ly/wearxrworkshopApplication Deadline: 03.01.2020Notification of Acceptance: 05.01.2020
- 15th January, 2020; UE4 Beginner’s Workshop – Build your own game! / Helsinki
- 20th-21st January Pocket Gamer Connects London.
- 7th of February Grand opening of Digi & Game Center / Jyväskylä
- 8th February, Game Business Booster 2020 / Jyväskylä
- 3rd of March Game Audio Awards 2020
- April 1st Games First / London
- 14th April Hyper UA Gamevasion / Copenhagen
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- JetDogs are looking for an a talented marketing artist intern to help us make gorgeous art!
- Redhill Games is looking for Technical Artist
- Games Factory Talents launched new Games focused tech Talent board that helps Talents to land a Dream job at a Games Studio in Helsinki. Please check the positions and companies and APPLY
- Pocket hunt has launched their recruiting app for games people in Finland, Sweden, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, Bangalore and Singapore.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- The European Game Showcase at GDC is back for its 2020 edition! Submissions are open! Deadline of applications is 15th Jan) for your unreleased game seeking publishers and the attention of the platform holders
- The Wizard of Blox Collection released on iOS and Android
- Drunk-Fu: Wasted Masters is finally coming to Nintendo Switch TODAY!
- MindSeize will be on STEAM on January 30th
- People Vs People is now available in selected countries. Install the game from App Store.
- Word Puzzle game Mullin Mallin released on Android.
- Imperfect Balance Collection (3 games, 150 levels of physics puzzles, totally FREE) is available on Android & iOS
- Always wanted to make a WW2 themed RTS game? Hologram Monster just published 3d models for you to buy! Hologram Monster is also looking for new outsourcing projects for this year, so if in need of 3d art, 2d art, animations or programming, send a note to Tony Kihlberg and he’ll give you their outsourcing deck!
- Seriously’s latest Best Fiends animation is out now. Check it out here.
- Survey: What are videogame developers doing about their carbon emissions?
- Are you dreaming of becoming a Game Developer? Come and study the field in English at JAMK University of Applied Sciences! Apply already in January 8.- 22.1.2020!
- An article about Redhill Games game Nine to Five at The Escapist
- Games Research and User Experience group wants to know your preferences for events
- Office space available; Critical Force is subletting a part of their Helsinki office, approx. 80 sq.m. with its own entrance. PM Mia Hakala for more information
- (Only in Finnish) Vain Talouselämän tilaajille; Miksi yksi hurahtaa pelaamiseen ja toinen ei? – ”Joskus pelataan siksi, että ei haluta tuottaa pettymystä ystäville”
- Kayo Games releases Aircraft Engine Simulation in STEAM soon
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.