Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 10/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- March 12th Games Now J. Togelius “Algorithms that Play & Design Games” / Helsinki / Online
- 13th March IGDA Finland Helsinki Hub March GDPR seminar + gathering
- March 15th China Game Day / Helsinki
- March 15th Brand Experience through New Media / Espoo
- March 19th GDC Nordic Breakfast workshop for Nordic game developers.
- March 19th Invite: Games Capital Meet-up in SF at 19:00
- March 19th-31st. Game Connection America
- March 19th-23rd; GDC / San Francisco
- April 24th Finnish Game Awards
- May 8th Games First / Helsinki
- May 23-25 Nordic Game Conference / Malmö, Sweden
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Iceflake Studios Oy is looking for a new talent and have several open positions available
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Nitro games is doing fine with +40% rise in Stocks.
- Cities: Skylines has sold over 5 million copies on Windows, MacOS and Linux!
- Psyon Games and Antidote was accepted to http://connecttoendcancer.com/ to fight cancer with MD Anderson, the most influential cancer clinic in the world
- Changes at Angry Birds developer as Rovio London closes and head of games Wilhelm Taht departs
- Land Crashers released for iOS
- Minna Vasarainen is looking for people to interview for her thesis/study
- Frogmind is looking for beta testers for their new hush hush project
- Led It Rain peliä on parin vuoden ajan paranneltu ja grafiikka ja pelattavuus on kokenut suuren harppauksen eteenpäin!
- Barbearian – coming soon trailer
- Finnish AR companies, the city of Helsinki is looking for you!
- Augmented Climbing Wall super cool physical game
- Iron Danger is getting something to show
- Colony building and management game core for Planetrism VR game starts to take form.
- Looking for animation for your game or project? Check Nopia Oy
- Games Factory renovations are nearly done
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.