Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 12/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 19th-21st April Reboot Develop 2018 / Dubrovnik, Crotia
- If you are interested in joining Reboot Develop this year, please do not hesitate to contact Neogames/EGDF, as the seminar organised have been kind enough to provide -10% discount code for you (-20% for the next 24 hours!) and to host the EGDF General Assembly.
- April 24th Finnish Game Awards
- Apri 24-25th The University of Tampere Game Research Lab Spring Seminar, Making Games.
- May 5th Game Över 11- pelitapahtuma Lahden pääkirjastolla
- May 8th Games First / Helsinki
- 16-17 May Bit1 Metropolia game event / Helsinki
- May 23-25 Nordic Game Conference / Malmö, Sweden
- May 25-27th SmirnovSchool / Theme Park May Workshop / Kouvola
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Kopla is looking for a talented Server Programmer to join our gang! Put on your coding gloves and send us your application!
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- The winner of #GDC2018 #indiegame award goes to Baba is You, a puzzle game created by creator Hempuli!
- The winners of Game Audio Awards 2018;
- Best Game Music:
- Best Sound Design:Christopher Denman, Max McCoy
Star Wars: Jedi Challenges
- Bubbling under – Best Demo:
- Firestarter Award – Audience Favorites Best game music:
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander
Best Sound Design
Tormentor X Punisher
- Best Game Music:
- Sami Lahtinen joins Dodreams as Head of Studio. Our team is excited to work with him to make Drive Ahead! Games even bigger and better!
- Best & Bester has been in soft launch since December and soon to be launched wider. The game will open in Facebook Messenger without app download&install. Excellent accessibility. The chat games market is growing with other players like WeChat also offering in-app games.
- Jättisijoitukset pelialan startupeihin poikivat jo neljä kovaa menestyjää – kaksi on vielä kysymysmerkkejä
- Life of a colonist on a Planetrism exoplanet is just work, work, work. Always busy. New drills and sensors to install, and old ones need maintenance. But sometimes you have a moment to watch butterflies or enjoy the view.
- Gallop Gang, is now in Open Beta at Google Play Store.
- The first teaser for upcoming VR game called “Cave Digger”
- A cloud service for mobile gaming isn’t as dumb as it sounds
- Next Games Now! lecture is about gamers with disabilities.
- Project Scoundrel, was nominated in multiple categories in the Game Connection America 2018 Development Awards!
- PartTimeMonkey was disappointed to the lack of split-screen games! So they decided to make one.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.