Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 13/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also our monthly logbook to see what we are doing in Neogames.
- April 11th Game Industry Breakfast by Aalto ENT / Helsinki
- April 20th: RovioCon 2017! More info and registrations on: www.rovio.com/roviocon-2017
- May 4-5th Entertainment Business Arena / Helsinki
- May 9th Games First 2017 / Helsinki
- May 17-19th Nordic Game Conference / Malmö.
- June 13th Game Industry Breakfast by Aalto ENT / Helsinki
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Yousician have a bunch of new open positions e.g. Customer Support Specialist. Check this one and other open positions.
- Grand Cru is looking for server engineers for both senior & junior positions!
- Supercell is looking for a senior server engineer (java) to join one of our live game teams
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Koukoi seals partnership with Fox to develop Ferdinand mobile game => in Finnish: Oululainen peliyhtiö yhteistyöhön Hollywoodin kanssa
- Critical Force’s mobile FPS eSport game Critical Ops has surpassed 15 million downloads
- Riptale on STEAM in on month
- Futureplay Games Nails Ad Monetization with Rewarded Video
- Hook ‘Em Up in STEAM Greenlight
- Set sails and meet numerous characters from Tove Jansson’s magnificent world of Moomins. Want to help in testing the game?
- DigiDemo rahoituksen kevään hakuaika päättyy TÄNÄÄN
- If you are interested in speaking at Nordic, you have to send your proposal to Jacob Riis TODAY!
- (Only in Finnish) Pelit-lehti syntyi 25 vuotta sitten Commodore-fanien kauhistukseksi
- In Pixel Worlds’ this week episode we show how much work and planning was put into a “simple” pixel character.
- Academic gamers! Interested in history, video games, organised role playing and/or board games? Why not join Helsinki Summer School Games and History: Playing with Time and Culture!
- Dreamloop Games is currently having project (Challengers of Khalea) featured on Square Enix Collective
- Give a vote in a GameDev Hackathon.
- Get the AppGameKit engine at a 50% discount if you participate in the Game Development World Championship.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list